Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Car Insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fairlane3x43, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Fairlane3x43

Fairlane3x43
    from Michigan

Grundy or Hagerty for an assembled vehicle. I see they both have similar coverage. Wondering about customer service.

2. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I have Hagerty and cust service is great.
    Also the roadside service is top notch... Needed a few times.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    rockable, 1Nimrod and Blue One like this.
  3. 5window

5window

Son, do a search here and you'll find multiple discussions including service, fees,sad tales and tall tales. I use American Modern Home-specified value, no limit on driving, covers my HAMB car and my OT classic Mustang and will stack coverages with my daily drivers Nationwide Policy: meaning I get 4x the liability coverage for each car. No sit back and watch the show.

4. hotrodzmartin

hotrodzmartin

Hagerty for me....never had any issues with them

rockable and 1Nimrod like this.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

Hagerty also.....excellent road side service.

6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AAA offers Classic Car if you already their homeowners or auto it’s reasonable and all the other services comes with it. I choose the value. Good luck

blowby and Nitroholic like this.
  7. Terraizer

Terraizer

Hagerty for me.

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I had grundy, switched to chrome. havent made a claim on either. chrome doesnt care how many miles i drive a year either

j3harleys likes this.
  9. evintho

evintho

Hagerty. $100 per year agreed value. For roadside service I've got a AAA card with 100 mile towing option.

1Nimrod likes this.
  10. Gman0046

Gman0046

Have had Grundy for 10-12 years and never had a claim. What would I know?

5window likes this.
  11. 5window

5window

You've got to love the insurance racket-you bet you'll have a wreck and they bet you won't!

1Nimrod and Nitroholic like this.
  12. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AARP has agreed value coverage. great for a driver; must be at least age 50.

jimmy six likes this.
  13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I have all the cars insured with our Home insurance, local office. (important)
    I can live with their theme song:

"Nationwide is on your side..."

14. Another for Hagerty. A tree fell on my car last year and they took care of it no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

I used to have Grundy but have Hagerty now. Pretty much the same price. When I had Grundy I would drive my cars to the grocery store, work, church ,or where ever. One day I called them and asked if I would be covered if I got in an accident. They said "nope". Basically they said if I wasn't driving to or from a car show I wouldn't be covered. I was glad I never had a accident or anything. Hagerty said I could drive them anywhere, anytime.

1Nimrod likes this.
  16. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Instead of buying online consider using an agent. That way if you have a claim or problem you will have someone to go eyeball to eyeball with. This is the way I do it...………...

X-cpe and 1Nimrod like this.
  17. 392

American National. Also know as Anpac. Lots of others won’t insure daily driving or during build.

drdave, egads and j3harleys like this.
  18. j3harleys

j3harleys

Also known as Chrome. We have every thing insured with them RV'S, Motorcycles, Homes, Daily drivers, and Hot Rods. Never had to use the for the Hot Rods or Motorcycles but have for all the other stuff, They were great. Our agent is the best, He has just about every one I know covered.

19. I have had Hagerty for 19 years. I only had one claim but they were easy to deal with and quick to pay.

20. Dusty roads

Dusty roads
    BANNED

Had Hagerty changed to State Farm. Less $, fewer restrictions and same stated value.

03GMCSonoma likes this.
  21. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Another for saying go the agent route. I never saw any one from Grundy. I used to have a State Farm agent, until he retired and gave the biz to his kids he was awesome and really helped me out.
    Had a falling out and went to Anpac/ american national/ chrome. House, boats, MC, daily, Classics, EVERYTHING is with them. saves me a boatload a year. discounts for multiple collector cars, and motorcycles (you can only use one at a time as my agent says) He covers most of my friends, how i found him. He takes me to dinner to review my policies once a year. If I have a question I call, text, email, facebook, etc, and have an answer within the day, usually 30 mins or less.

j3harleys likes this.
  22. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hagerty through my local agent

1Nimrod likes this.
  23. dwollam

dwollam

24. egads

egads

Anpac Chrome!! Home office is in Springfield, Mo. right down the road from me. Had 7 cars damaged in a tornado several years ago, ( All turned into complete teardown's and rebuild's ) Appraiser was here in 4 day's, Walk in their office with bills and supplement's, walked out with the check's, only questions were how my day was going. Great company.

drdave and 1Nimrod like this.
  25. donno

donno

Times 2 with Anpac, 48 Merc, '57 Pontiac, RAM 2500, 5th wheel, 2018 OT and homeowners. Have a REAL AGENT, no mileage limit's.

26. Gman0046

Gman0046

Going to compare Grundy with Hagerty rate wise. My current policy expires the end of August.

27. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

My collector insurance is through Farmers. Agreed value with few restrictions. Agreed value coverage required an appraisal, I had both cars done and got a slight discount. It was worth it, my OT Hot Rod hadn't been appraised since 2012 and it was grossly underinsured.

28. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found that my local agent had less expensive classic car insurance than Grundy so I went with my regular agent.

29. fordor41

fordor41

ditto on Hagerty. Have had 4 claims, paid good and paid fast.

30. Using Haggarty through my agent who also handles my house, cars policies. .

1Nimrod likes this.