Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need Pictures of 42-48 fords with SBF in them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NewGuyOldFord, Jun 15, 2018.

1. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

I'm looking for pictures of 42-48 fords with Small Block Fords in them. Overall install pictures and exhaust if possible. Standard and automatic. Thanks. BART

2. You may want to specify frame/suspension/steering, i.e. all stock or not. There's plenty of room lengthwise, getting the exhaust past the steering will be the main issue. If you're running more than an alternator, packaging a power steering pump may be tricky to clear the inner fender. Mine uses a home-made bracket that's not the best design...

3. Steve

Do you have a picture of your PS bracket? I'm trying to figure out how to put a Saginaw pump, on mine, under the compressor. Yes, it's tight in that area, with the fuel pump on that side as well.

4. You don't want what I have... It's broken twice, and I can't quite get the belt tight enough to fully stop squealing. The PO cut/mashed/welded the bracket together, and not very well at that. I intended to re-engineer/replace it this past winter but didn't get to it for various reasons...

missysdad1 likes this.

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

Crazy Steve: Here's a little tip that may help you. Try a Dayco "Top Cog" belt in your power steering application. It's a bit narrower and fits deeper in the pulley groove, giving better belt "traction" and eliminating the slipping / squeeling in many cases. It worked for me. Good luck.

6. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Stock frame and suspension and steering. But I'll look at anything that pertains to a Small Block Ford install in 42-48 Ford.

7. chriseakin

chriseakin

Have you looked at electrical power steering or would that be too untraditional?

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Why change the steering??? There is a multitude of exhaust choices for SBF, not discounting 'block hugger' headers...
    My F100 now has the Toyota Power Steering conversion, total 'bolt-in'. Thankfully, it was 'bolted-in'. Now it can be 'Un-Bolted', and a rebuilt F100 box put back in.:cool:
    Crap...22:1 ratio...More turns lock to lock than a Merry-Go-Round.:eek::confused:
    Route your exhaust as necessary, but keep your Gemmer steering box!

9. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

I am looking for cars and I'm not sure how close car and truck front ends are.

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

I'm really interested in motor mount and transmission mounts. I just like to see different approaches to get to the same result. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. millersgarage

millersgarage

12. Hyvolt

Hyvolt

I know this is old, but been working on this problem for a while and recently cleared a hurdle.
    Fits, but I use factory explorer exhaust on driver's side. I can get a pic if anyone seems interested 20200614_210328_HDR.jpeg 20200614_210418_HDR.jpeg 20200614_210404_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Cosmo50 likes this.