Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Is anyone missing their favorite car show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exterminator, Jun 17, 2020.

1. exterminator

exterminator

I am having withdrawls from not getting to attend my favorite car show- LAR. It is bad enough not even going to the local cruise night ,but LAR? This sucks! Any one else suffering like me? What show are you missing? Exterminator

2. So far this year...I missed being able to go to the SWMO Hot Rod Hundred, then the StrayKat 500 more because of not being able to hang out with lots of friends than anything. Otherwise, there weren't any shows that I would have normally gone to yet... HAMB Drags will be next and I hope it can still happen as planned.

3. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Every show that I had planned on attending has been cancelled. The Fathers Day show in Hyannis, MA, the Woodie shows at Mystic Seaport and Ogunquit ME, all gone. The National Woodie Club Nationals in Lake Geneva, gone! N.A.S.A. York PA, gone. We all thought that the Nationals in Louisville would certainly be cancelled, so we all (about 10 cars) cancelled our reservations. Zero car shows in 2020, the upside is that I'll save a bunch of money on motels and travel expenses.

4. Oh hell yeah! Been doing the "Ocean City Cruisin" for around 25 years...
    Huge show with four days of multiple venues, boardwalk parades, thousands of cars cruising the streets. This would have been the first year with the T, which would have been perfect for beach cruising...

Not to mention "Jalopyrama" right up the road!

Guess there's always next year...

Hopefully... 20190517_101430.jpg

dan31 and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

My buddy's car/art show at another friend's brewery was cancelled. Sins Of Steel, cancelled. Other than those two...I don't do any more shows. But yes, I miss those two.

chryslerfan55 and guthriesmith like this.
  6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My thoughts exactly!

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Haven't been to a car show in 2020 as they've all been cancelled. Right now the 2020 NSRA Nats in Louisville, Kentucky is still scheduled for August 6-9. Can't help but think if it does tke place it will be a shell of what it once was. We'll see.

The best show I'll be missing is the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY that has been resceduled from the middle of June until August 20-22. Sure hope it does take place.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    moparjimd60 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Syracuse.....Adirondack.........I dunno......probably others ......and all the little , local stuff...Life has changed folks, you try to remain hopeful about this return to "normal" we keep hearing about, but something has for sure changed, right in front of our eyes. This society( at least in north america) that we've existed in has altered, I think, in ways we can't even understand yet. We reference "hopefully next year" when talking about shows, events, races, all the stuff we're missing now. That alone is a change in our thinking, like the basic faith that it's gonna turn out OK is gone. What do ya all think?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. I will after this weeend, since the LARS/Fathers Day Show was cancelled!!! Best show all year.

Lil32 and exterminator like this.
  10. alchemy

alchemy

I'd be packing for Back to the Fifties right now during a normal year. It would have been this weekend. :oops:

Speed Gems and Black_Sheep like this.
  11. I don't go to alot of shows, except GNRS, LARS, Ventura Nats, Orange Circle Show, and don't like Cruise Nites. But that being said, there's so many shows and cruise nites here in So Cal, you can almost go to something every night. I do miss the Veterans and Pomona swapmeets for sure!!!

Lil32 likes this.
  12. I just heard the Frog Follies was cancelled for the year yesterday (haven't really confirmed it) That is a major bummer and an over-reaction in my opinion. It's all outdoors!

Montana1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. olds vroom

olds vroom

I’ll be missing Syracuse this year . It’s my only vacation for the year and I’ve been working through all this covid mess. But I’m sure that Emperor Andy Cuomo will allow the state fair to happen on the same grounds 3 weeks later just to piss me off!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

thintin and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Gman0046

Gman0046

Yep, the Frog Follies is cancelled for 2020. Too bad its a great show and swap meet.

chryslerfan55 and 283john like this.
  15. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

YES! Although it's been shortened up, The Riverside Show and Go. LARS. Rt 66 Revisited in Ontario. The Loma Linda V.A. Car show is massive and I miss it.
    Riverside also has a Chili Cook Off and car show in April that I like to go to. Good place for music, cars and food...I go mostly for the music and food.

16. dan31

dan31

Even the shows like Spring Carlisle that have been planned are now getting sued from the health dep ( really Tom Wolf the governor) as the show is in progress. Although groups of more than 250 where ok when he was marching in the protest in Harrisburg. So what do you do?, i guess any of them could even be cut short. How do you plan for that?.Let's all hope that by late summer/fall things straighten out.

17. Yeah, my fiance had a blast last year and we were looking forward to a long weekend up there this year. MN has really screwed their citizens. Sads since it was like a second home for her and I.

18. I don't think any state is trying to "screw" its citizens, but trying to get a handle on this "covoid crap". Jalopyrama has been moved to August but unfortunately, I will be on a two week family vacation in the Outer Banks...

19. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Yep, The Stray Kat 500. Hopefully the Lead Ain't Dead is happening.

chryslerfan55 and guthriesmith like this.
  20. I was referring to the last 45+ years not the last 4.5 months ;)

chryslerfan55 and papadaddio like this.
  21. ...it's a bummer not having any shows/swaps to attend,..our 14th annual Scrap Drive show/swap(July 13th) got cancelled on June 1rst,..really missed out on a perfect day weatherwise.
    ...so far the Glory Days drags (formerly Meltdown Drags)Byron, Illinois are still on, a few of us Tin Butcher's club guys will be running the swapmeet there, that's July 17-19th.
    ...hope there are a few more events to be held after that.
    ...anybody heard anything about Jalopyfest in Morris, Illinois?

22. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

My favorite show sad been going for 20 years

Sent from my moto e5 supra using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

MO_JUNK and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Living nearby, it was always fun seeing the cars roll in to town and feeling the excitement build. As soon as it's over I find myself thinking "I can't wait 'til next year"...

24. ... Good Guys Columbus Nationals just cancelled today ... bummmed ... Gonna miss the ride down too ....

25. Frog's - Best show all summer!
    fROG'S DATES.gif

MO_JUNK likes this.
  26. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

rust revival , maybe. frog follies. so far kkoa salina and hamb drags are still on the list. the rumble was moved to sept.

27. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Miss the favorite car shows and swap meets. Not the really big shows like Goodguys but the smaller ones, Poor Boys Midnight Mass, Billetproof, RPM Nationals and some of the smaller local swap meets, especially the one up in Auburn.

28. Hershey cancelled.:mad: That did it for me. All the others I could have dealt with, but missing Hershey is the worst! :(WTF it's in October!:confused:

29. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I've been to all 22 GoodGuys Columbus shows, but I understand... Looking forward to the 2021 show.. Maybe I'll have my Plymouth figured out by then....

30. Slopok

Slopok

Sam, I thought it was for June 20th this year, always a great show regardless.:(