Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A V/8 parts gathering. New pics ,02/01 24

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 48fordnut, May 16, 2017.

1. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Jim, despite all the obstacles in your way, you still manage to hold on to the dream and get things done.

You sir, are an inspiration.

All the best with everything.
    Mark

48fordnut likes this.
  2. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I Would like to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

May we all be 2020 this next year. Best Wishes.

jim

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Same here to you Jim!

48fordnut likes this.
  4. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Jim,
    Nice to see you post. Hope your doing well and the car is coming along. Hows the Minibike barn coming out?

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and Joy.

Cliff Ramsdell

48fordnut likes this.
  5. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Outside needs paint, Feb.
    Finishing up the details on the inside , built the first modified engine.
    Nothing happening on the car, too busy household chores, working on a new to me bike hauler, Christmas, and just busy.

Member in Mas trying to get some of his friends to give a hand, no luck so far.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. Thanks for all the help and encouragement.

jim

Cliff Ramsdell and WTF really like this.
  6. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Still alive out here in quartine land, staying to myself. Minibike business has kept me sane.
    Hopefully some news on the 28 roadster in a couple of weeks.
    Stay sane, and safe.

7. OFT

OFT

Thanks for the update!! They released most folks here in Idaho. Still have social distancing and stuff however. It was cold today and snowed for the Memorial Day weekend-lol

48fordnut likes this.
  8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jim, I'm glad to see you OK. I've called you twice and texted you once, all with no response, and I was getting worried.
    Still wish I could regain my sense of balance and buy one of your hot rods.

48fordnut likes this.
  9. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the update OFT. The midwest has its weather problems. S/D is the big thing here and mask. Lots of closed business.
    Dave, my phone has been giving me problems, you're not the first that has said that.
    The minis are a handful with these hopped up engs. Several of the younger generation have found that out.

dirty old man likes this.
  10. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Jim,
    Good to see you post again. How did the mini bike barn come out??

Good to see you have a project to work on weather it’s the hot rod or mini bikes. Good on you staying busy.

Cliff Ramsdell

11. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Cliff,
    The barn is quasi finished, another coat of paint on the outside, some minor sheetrock finish on the inside.
    The bikes have overwhelmed me. I have sold 16 combinations of rollers, finished projects, and engines since 1 Feb. A finished bike is going out tomorrow when my wife sitter comes.
    Roadster is being moved next Sunday. Will keep all up to date on this as it happens.
    Hope and pray all is well in the N/E.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Cliff Ramsdell, OFT and dirty old man like this.
  12. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Jim ,
    Things are good up here. Everyone is doing good and no one has been effected. Miss the grandkids and hopefully things will get a little better this summer and we can see them.

Glad you and Joy are doing well and the Minibikes are giving you some fun. Can’t wait to see the car again.

Cliff Ramsdell

WTF really and 48fordnut like this.
  13. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Mini Bike barn ??????? I went back and read this thread from the beginning and saw no mention of it.
    Anyway glad you are well and busy, Looking forward on up dates on the 28
    Joe

14. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

I think this started as an email between Jim and myself and I just happed to ask when he was making updates on the car, sorry about that.

Cliff Ramsdell

15. WTF really

WTF really

It was still under construction my last visit down there.

Cliff Ramsdell likes this.
  16. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Will get a better pic tomorrow. Hope this doesn't violate the traditional terms.

20200205_101616.jpg 20200123_103029.jpg 20200215_122618 (1).jpg 20200512_140824 (1).jpg [ATTACH=fullWow. I love it.
    Minibike barn was started out of frustration of not being able to move fwd with the roadster project. I thought when I bought the parts I would be able to get things together. I had the 1/4 panel and tailpiece mocked up, but not welded , when there were problems in the house.
    I bought a mini started working on it and almost 20 bikes, ends, and go- carts later a barn.

Will give a full updated report Sunday night wit appropriate pics.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  17. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Here are current pics. Outside only. A couple of junkers to be built. Currently, I have 9, have had as many as 14.

20200528_093138.jpg 20200528_093156.jpg

Thanks for Looking. The next pics will be of the roadster. Sunday.

18. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

The 28 first time as a roller and to see light of day. Things are starting to happen.
    600x16 on 4'' wheels on front, 650 x16 on 4.5 wheels on rear.

20200530_101559.jpg 20200530_101618.jpg

J.Ukrop, bct, Cliff Ramsdell and 2 others like this.
  19. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Gather around followers for I have a story to tell.
    A couple of yrs ago I met a soon to be HAMBER, GaronLamb.He bought z'd model a frame from me . He saw my project and went on about his business. He has a 31 2 door he wanted the frame for. It's no sitting on my old frame.
    Fast fwd, he told me about his bud that brought home an A coupe in pieces in the bed of his pickup. I mentioned that I would like some help with the roadster as I had hit a wall. He said that's possible. After a few months of weekends being tied up, things started looking up.

I have met 2 other youngsters that had a similar interest, and they helped me out on a couple of projects. They learned through our conversations that I was trying to get the roadster to Fl for Garon to help. Opportunities started popping up .
    They had a truck, and a trailer was willing to help. After a couple of attempts, our schedules lined up.
    They dropped the trailer off on Friday evening. Derrick the truck owner helped load and get situated the roadster on the trailer. First picture.
    Sunday morning 7 15 Both are at the house to load body panels in the truck bed and be on our way to Garons.
    We made it to Garons and Johnny's shop looked at the coupe that came from a pile of parts in the truck bed and I was impressed. These were the folks that were going to get the ball rolling. Little did I know how fast.
    We left headed back to Ga. The rest to follow in pics.
    Oops forgot to load the pics, my bad. More to follow.
    20200530_174406 (1).jpg

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Cliff Ramsdell and OFT like this.
  20. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Garon's car, my old frame, Johnny's shop. I seem to have lost some pics. The following pics show what a team can do versus 1 unknowledgeable person, Me. This a couple of hours after we left. IMG_2807.jpg IMG_2809.jpg IMG_2810.jpg IMG_1220.JPG

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    wheeldog57, High test 63, OFT and 4 others like this.
  21. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Box of small parts that I left behind in my haste to get to Fl. On the way. More to follow. Have a T tank located.

slv63 and Cliff Ramsdell like this.
  22. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Jim,
    Nice to see you back on the car again. Looks great.

Cliff Ramsdell

48fordnut and dirty old man like this.
  23. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

It has been so encouraging for these two to step up. I actually have hopes of driving this.

The power of networking, and the HAMB.

Thanks, Ryan, and all Hambers.

24. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Looking good! Always nice to have people to help and bounce ideas off of. I didnt have that luxury on my build. It gets rather frustrating and lonely at times in the shop by yourself. No one ever remotely close to me willing to help or even interested in this stuff. Good thing there is the hamb and social media. I hate this town. Anyway sorry to be a debbie downer. Lol. Good luck on your project.

25. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Lo. There are tons of folks further away that want to help, but none close, or those close aren't interested. I know how you feel. Sometimes I think I'm alone. Then I read this, so many words of encouragement.
    Thank you. You have done an amazing job with your cars. Soon I may be able to join you.

26. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Jim,
    Like the new avatar. I’m glad you got help and I wish I were closer than Connecticut.

I’m lucky in the “getting help” department. The boys live just over the river and since I have all the specialty tools and bigger garage, car work gets done here so they are more that helpful with getting over here to help me out.

Keep posting updated, it’s great.

Cliff Ramsdell

48fordnut likes this.
  27. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

You have been a great help, long- distance for me. It has been a great ride.
    Looking fwd to completion.

Cliff Ramsdell likes this.
  28. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

I just read your thread (took a couple days)… Really like what you have done / are doing.....
    you are a great inspiration … Thank You.... Good luck to you and Joy...

Lynn W

48fordnut likes this.
  29. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

IMG_2876.png IMG_2877.png Some new progress and pics. Thanks Garon and Johnny.

30. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

IMG_2884.jpg Johnnys coupe in the background, doors close like a new car. Mine will also. Great work.
    If not for these 2 Hambers, I think the car would have sat in parts.