Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Spring Carlisle...roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Jun 14, 2020.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Who is all going....don't need smart ass remarks or negative remarks....just post if your going....it starts in 3 days.....

chevy57dude likes this.
  2. Stan, I'll be there, and will stop by to say hello to you.

chevy57dude likes this.
  3. Yes indeed. If I'm reading my fairground map correctly Stan, you're between gates 1&2, near one of the collosal Ausley's Chevelle trailers. Great location.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Gabby

Gabby

IJ26 and II29 Be there W, T, and Friday.

5. I plan on going, not sure what day.

lothiandon1940 and chevy57dude like this.
  6. the violator

the violator

Heading up Thursday and maybe Friday depending on the turnout.

7. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

The "Customs by Flash" guys will be there!

8. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I thought spring Carlisle had been postponed

9. Tomb66

Tomb66

10. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

I’ll be there, probably Wednesday and Friday. BTW, the Ausley Chevelle folks are not coming.
    This may turn out to be the most interesting Spring Carlisle yet. Take your mask and wear it.

11. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

You have to feel for the car crazy guys from Ontario, Canada. They can’t get across the border to get to Carlisle; and Hershey has been cancelled. Hopefully they will get their freedom before Fall Carlisle.

46international likes this.
  12. kngfisher

kngfisher
    from Virginia

Going just to walk around a new place. Looking for a steering wheel that I saw a few years back in York pa. Kicking myself for not buying it then nor taking down the info so I could find it again. All I have is a picture to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. RT468

RT468

I don't have a spot to set up but will be going up Friday with my son. Figure I'll set him up with a backpack with some small items with a Parts For Sale sign and let him mule it around. Anything sells be gets a cut,most likely he'll make it from the lot and maybe 2 aisles and hand it over to me anyway. But it's become a tradition,hit Carlisle and swing in to Gettysburg on the way home.

14. Man, it has been a long wait for the first swap meet this year! I'm going up Friday.

15. Wizard

Wizard

Any current updates of what the show is looking like right now? Anyone on the fairgrounds with a report? is there a lot of vendors there or sparce right now? I know it don't start till Wed till u see what kind of attendance but anyone that is there now give us some feedback of what you see there now.

Wizard

16. kngfisher

kngfisher
    from Virginia

It will be interesting to see if Carlisle gets shutdown as the PA health department has filed a suit against Carlisle events. This is up to the courts now. On top of this Carlisle events filed an exclusion to the 250 attendees rule on the ninth however it was not granted and yet Carlisle events has chosen to press forward. This might end up being a very short event.

Still hoping to see some info from someone who attended today to get a feel of the show. News has shown sparse attendance and some folks walking around without masks even though you need it to enter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Gman0046

Gman0046

If the state wins, does anyone think the vendors will get their money back? Not me. Personally I think the Carlisle Swap Meet organizers shit in their mess kits. The 250 person limit didn't happen over night. It was in effect while they continued to promote their event.
    Feel bad for those who laid out money for travel expenses and accommodations.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    K13 likes this.
  18. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Maybe half what you might expect on a day that is typically for set up. Crowd was light and social distancing quite easy. You don’t need a mask when you’re 20 feet from other folks. Plenty of hand washing stations. Found a few nice buys. Great to be free, even for 5 hours. Weather looks iffy for tomorrow; and check the Carlisle website before you start a long drive there.

Attached Files:

GZ likes this.
  19. Greed usually overrides common sense.

20. olds vroom

olds vroom

Not going this year .

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.