Register now to get rid of these ads!

Magnificent Millers at the Milwaukee Mile

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Jul 10, 2006.

1. McKee

McKee

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. jimdillon

jimdillon

Some great cars, they have some stories for sure, thanks for the pics-Jim

3. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. racer5c

racer5c

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

What a spectacular collection of pictures!

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

WOW what's with the Vicky, cost , forsale please tell us more...

8. av8

av8

Thank you so very much!

Mike

9. They are awesome pictures!!! I'd love to hit this event one of these days. Those cars are works of art.

10. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

I was There
    There's nothing like hearing an inline Miller motor revin hi on the legendary 100 yr. ol' MILWAUKEE MILE. Go if you can, 'cause they let you go any where in the pits!

11. hey penfifteen, I was parking at the Miller meet, Sat am, guy parked next to me and said he was in a big rush to get to the Miller meet and that he allegedly exceeded the speed limit and was invited to donate x number of dollars to the local law enforcement fund. His car had Ontario plates, did you get a chance to talk to him?

Drivers couldn't exceed 65mph on the track but I didn't see any speedometers in the race cars. Some of the drivers got a little heavy footed and good ole David Uihlein did some heavy butt chewing on the wrongdoers.

Hearing the different engine sounds from the Miller engines, the Offys, a hopped up flathead, a hemi, sbchev and the ohc Ford was worth the price of admission, alone.

If, you get this way next year, I will look forward to meeting you.

The pics are great, much appreciate the post.

12. WOW!!!.....An OUTDOOR Vintage Race Car Museum! I spent about two HOURS drooling over those pictures. MANY THANKS for posting them.

13. repoguy

repoguy

14. stan292

stan292

pen-

Gorgeous stuff! Thanks a bunch for the photos. Looks like a REALLY fun event.

15. Outstanding!! Bump to the top

16. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Whoa, that is quite a display or race cars. I love the Watsons. When I'm rich and famous I want one of those. (Unfortunately my time is running out)
    Pops

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Fantastic Dave!!!!!!:)

18. Rat L. Can

Rat L. Can
    from Indy

The Millers were remarkably built and engineered, especially for their time. They should make a study of them mandatory in any aspiring automotive engineer's education.

Thanks for the pics.

19. sodas38

sodas38

Ohhh great. I need a nice looking race car like that like a need another hole in my head.......but I just gotta have one. They look like alot of fun.

Do you think my wife and daughter would fit in there? Oh well at least I'll be havin fun. :)

20. SOME of you guys will LOVE this DVD. It pretty much focuses on the build up and test of a 2003 Lola / Cosworth for Michael Andretti. But the more interesting side story going on is the backyard resto of the 1964 Dean Van Lines Offy roadster that Mario drove for Clint Brawner in Marios's early career. Its the "same" car that Jimmy Bryan would have driven to another Champ car title had he not been killed in 62 at Langhorne. At the end of the movie, Mario takes the No. 12 out on the backroads and REALLY winds her up. The Offy sounds absolutely to die for in the hands of the Master.

Five stars - Highly recommended. Some of these young uns around here would enjoy it to!![​IMG]

21. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

millers= art on wheels
    Mr. Miller was a U.P. or WI guy

22. Astounding Alliteration!

Plenty of Perfect Pictures!

I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread in the morning. Looking mechanism of this quality at night makes it hard to get to sleep. No kidding.

-bill

23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Vicky with a 10 digit number! I guess I just sold mine to cheap. It only brought 7 digits.

24. chuck fahr

chuck fahr
    from s.w. wis.

great pics, thanks for posting.