Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects tunnel ram question

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Gordon Reed, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Gordon Reed

Gordon Reed

hey guys how’s it going!? just picked up this tr1y edelbrock tunnel ram. i was looking for the bolts online that are inside of the intake. (not from intake to head). does anyone have any part number/ advice on which bolts to use? guy that sold it to me just stuck some hex bolts into it to hold it together, but those can’t be the correct bolts to use right? thanks guys! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I remember back in the '70s dad would use black allen bolts that were drilled for safety wire. Hate to have one come loose, it's only going one way... down!

squirrel likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

Probably doesn't make much difference what type of head it has, as long as it's drilled and wired.

4. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

Loctite (blue) #242 medium strength. Can be removed if necessary

5. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Should have had allen bolts in there, but agree with Loctite as a alternative measure with any bolt , if scared of thread locker then drill the bolt heads and saftey wire them up and be golden. Had thread locker on my 440 tunnel ram and never backed our or got loose ever.