Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

2. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

3. Lepus

Lepus

Talking Heads, Clash, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Wire, Killing Joke, Prince, The Carter Family, Jimmie Rodgers, also Funk, Cajun, Surf....

4. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rock & Roll thru the new speaker I built with my 38 Special ! FCBD0F2A-8142-4D05-B947-4F4F988111DB.jpeg

Lil32 likes this.
  5. Ericnova72

Ericnova72
    from Michigan

Lately for me it has been the Jompson Brothers(Chris Stapleton was lead singer), Black Country Communion, which is John Bonamassa, Glenn Hughes(Deep Purple), and Jason Bonham(son of Led Zep's drummer) "Live over Europe", Snowy White(Pink Floyd) and the White Flames, Clutch, and Dirty Honey.

Jet96 and big bird like this.
  6. spanners

spanners

I agree, tinnitus sucks. When I can I crank up Joe Satriani, Gary Moore or Pink Floyd- comfortably numb, the original group live version. Excellent guitar solo.

7. belzebub

belzebub

8. belzebub

belzebub

9. belzebub

belzebub

10. belzebub

belzebub

11. MO54Frank, Lil32 and j hansen like this.
  12. When I had a garage I listened to OLD COUNTRY.

Lil32 likes this.
  13. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My son bought a 40” led light fixture for his garage with Bluetooth so I could use the SiriusXM off my phone when I was working on his race car. I bought one for mine, now I listen to any of the old 50-60’s music plus comedy or anything else... personally a great find if you have SiriusXM....

14. Boden

Boden

I’m a big big fan of 50s doo wop and country. Carl perkins and fats are my favorites. But that is my stuff while working. But when I’m driving or skateboarding I enjoy 90s punk like lagwgaon,nofx,pennywise,bad religion

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-7-6_4-25-33.png

Hello,

When we were teens, one of our long road trips was to go to the Colorado River for some water skiing. We chose the Parker Dam Area as it was the closest to Long Beach via the 10 freeway through Blythe. But, for a shorter, but more exciting drive with less traffic, we took the Highway 62 from Palm Springs through the city of "29 Palms." A 266 miles of one way driving through the barren desert climate, getting “whiffed” by a ton of semi trucks. Our transportation was using a 1963 Ford Galaxie hardtop, towing an 18 foot 406 powered Howard Hull and skiing stuff. We were loaded for a week’s worth of teenage fun.
    upload_2020-7-6_4-26-15.png

So, stopping in 29 Palms was a welcome relief. The day time drive was too hot, so we always timed it to be in 29 Palms by midnight. It was always an eerie drive. On various legs of the trip, I was able to drive the Ford Galaxie. At least, I was able to stretch out while driving and had a direct angle for the small wind wing cooling me down while driving. The cooling refreshments helped, too, all the rest of the way to the Parker Dam, on the Arizona side beaches. (Different time zone, better restaurants, and the sunsets facing West with our feet dangling in the water…)
    29 Palms Robert Plant

After a week of skiing and whatever teenagers do on vacation, (drifting down the river, water skiing, barbeques and just relaxing for days,) we would head home after the last dinner around 8 P.M. to drive in the cool of night. Sometimes, that was not such a cooling drive, despite the windows all rolled down and wet towels on our heads and necks.

Jnaki

As my garage projects continue, the old Ipod Touch has the whole album from Robert Plant (first time in our files w/o Led Zeppelin) in the rotating play list. Now, that gets the old fingers moving and memories working overtime. Cleaning the car for the first time in several months was a job. It was nice to get a shiny car, again. It was a little dirty since the last set of Summer rainstorms. What little driving we do/did (being locked in place), it wasn't as clean as it usually is, dirty, but, not noticeable.

29 Palms... Those were the teenage road trips to cool water, fast skiing and a wonderful time being on the Arizona side of the river.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  16. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Doo Wap.. In Pittsburgh we still have a couple decent stations for oldies.. 770 AM 810 AM, Franky Day, Candy N Mike...

17. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

Southern Gospel and Contemporary Christian: Bill Gaither, Karen Peck, The Isaacs, Lauren Daigle, Zach Williams...

18. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

MO54Frank likes this.
  19. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It’s more what I DON’T have to listen to - the neighbors!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  20. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-7-9_4-28-10.png Newport Beach Fashion Island 2009

upload_2020-7-9_4-28-40.png

Hello,

I was out in the garage recently arranging my projects for the coming week or so. I have a 58 Impala model that needs a black paint job, custom wheels and a truck that needs a new look that will be for our granddaughter. When she was a toddler, she was so thrilled to be able to sit in a custom truck that was a center piece in a huge outdoor mall in Newport Beach.

So, as a surprise, I am trying to make that particular style of truck for her to display on her desk as she does her homework or video conferencing for the coming school year. (the school year is a mixture of confusion right now…) that will give her a little confidence in her family driving lessons given to her by her parents.

upload_2020-7-9_4-29-13.png
    I was supposed to be the one to take on that assignment when the time came, but the *&$@#$ pandemic got in the way. So, her parents are being a little calm and doing a nice job, so far. They said that by the time our granddaughter is 16 and ready for single driving, I can be the final episode(s) of the driving lessons. Yeah…one year from now, if the pandemic is over.
    upload_2020-7-9_4-29-48.png
    It probably won’t look the same as the real thing, but hopefully I don’t screw up the rest of the body work and paint. But, before that stage, much body work needs to be done for the match of 1/64 to the real thing.
    upload_2020-7-9_4-30-32.png

But, as I was setting up and organizing, out pops this song from the first generation Ipod touch player that provided a chuckle and seriousness all in one shot. It began random playing and the song just fit the current pandemic situation for all of us following the rules to try and get handle on the spread of the virus. Patience is a virtue, we have tons of it and hope others do, too. Then, my wife walks into the garage and says what an apropos song for the times...

Jnaki

The aforementioned RANDOM PLAY tab is listening to society’s ills and out pops this song.

"WORDS" by an old band, Missing Persons with lead singer Dale Bozzio.
    Missing Persons “Words”

Do you hear me
    Do you care
    Do you hear me
    Do you care

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
    The words are audible but I have my doubts
    That you realize what has been said

You look at me as if you're in a daze
    It's like the feeling at the end of the page
    When you realize you don't know what you just read

What are words for when no one listens anymore
    What are words for when no one listens
    What are words for when no one listens, it's no use talking at all

I might as well go up and talk to a wall
    'Cause all the words are having no effect at all

STAY SAFE...and don’t be a “cause” in the upturn of cases…

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  21. Boodlum

Boodlum

Ghost Hounds "Bad News"

22. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

My work music varies greatly, but lately when I'm grabbin for wrenches it's been Howlin Wolf vinyl...

23. Jimmie Dale Gilmore......and the voices in my head........

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  24. Boodlum

Boodlum

Ghost Hounds "Thunder Road" - (not Robert Mitchum lol)

25. Boodlum

Boodlum

Kurt Vile & the Violators "Loading Zones"

26. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

There is something to be said about working in the garage doing just about anything. One project pops up and another one gets pushed to the back burner for awhile. Music does make the time pleasant and brings up memories about ...Back in history. With our powered speakers, out trusty Ipod Touch and plenty of workspace, work goes by fast. Music does allow the mind to concentrate as well as block off certain neighborhood sounds like the local tree cutting services using a powered saw in a rhythmic pattern...

Jnaki

Here is another one from Missing Persons attached to the files that is about So Cal and the times back in history. Walking in LA doesn't sound the thing to do these days with the new "locked in place" directive.

You won't see a cop walkin' on the beat
    Nobody's walkin', walkin', walkin'
    You only see 'em drivin' cars out on the street
    You won't see a kid walkin' home from school
    Their mothers pick 'em up in a car pool
    Nobody's walkin', walkin'

Walkin' in LA
    Walkin' in LA, nobody walks in LA
    Walkin' in LA
    Walkin' in LA, nobody walks in LA

Music for the times...

https://genius.com/Missing-persons-walking-in-la-lyrics

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Plant is one, if not "the" greatest rocks greatest sopranos! I forgot all about that album, going home to search for it and fire it up in the garage this weekend.

jnaki likes this.