Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods REPOST: Update on the "Forget, Hell" '32 Coupe - stored in Virgina garage since mid 1960s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jun 10, 2020.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF8833.JPG DSCF8832.JPG
    Step by step instructions on channeling from the 1947 issue of Automobile Racing by Ray Kuns.

Bob

2. catdad49

catdad49

loudbang, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Almost 6 hours of elbow grease. Looks a Hell of a lot different.

thumbnail-22.jpeg thumbnail-21.jpeg thumbnail-19.jpeg thumbnail-7.jpeg thumbnail-6.jpeg thumbnail-15.jpeg thumbnail-14.jpeg

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wowie, good elbows man!...hows the 'I Wanna Drive' Anticipation Meter going there @axle?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

After a week of Marvel Mystery Oil soaking in all of the cylinders , a days worth of cleaning all of the connections, and some good fuel, the car fired right up. I have video of it, but need to figure out how to load that up.

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Due to purchasing property, plus other projects, I'm saddened that the ol Deuce might have to go. If this happens, it would be great if a collector on the East Coast was the next caretaker. We'll see........

D-Russ, Jim Bouchard, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  7. I'm still dismayed that none of the Virginia guys have any memories of the history of this car or maybe (let's hope) they just haven't seen this thread yet.:)

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Way cool "Time Capsule". It sure did clean up well.

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well you sure have given and continue to give it a much deserved reviving regardless of the final decision...I sure hope if you do move it the next caretaker has similar vision in direction...but ultimately I would like it to be you...why, because I somewhat know where your heart is...pretty much as it sits...fingers crossed...thanks for your continued sharing of this Hotrod Capsule...;)

I still think the surviving Hotrod friends of Jessie might yield the juiciest fruit we all are eager to see...Since you have an ongoing rapport with the Family it might be worth inquiring if they remember any of them and would mind to kindly reach out...they may have had cameras not to mention stories and more wild Hotrods tucked away...

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It certainly reminds one of how much Hotrod History has come and gone with barely a Camera raised. No fault of theirs of course. That is certainly one of the main reasons I Credit those that were there capturing the excitement on film that we enjoy witness too, even if it's 1 grainy image...I still remain optimistic...

11. fegsta

fegsta

Well axle what do you think, if you let that one go theres got to be lots more out there, as a certain generation reaches the milestone age. Like all those 35_36s. Its sad but true how many went on the back burner whilst family and jobs or business got to take the leading roll.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  12. fegsta

fegsta

Am I right in thinking if it left the states there would be a stink?

Sent from my KOB-L09 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

His mother spotted it.....

loudbang likes this.
  14. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

o_ONNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:(

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Not from me, it would just reinforce the fact that Vintage Hot Rods are respected world wide. Bob

Blue One and loudbang like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I fairly confident and pretty pumped it will remain a Vintage Hotrod now as I can't imagine one paying those denaroes and ripping it apart and making a Street Rod or Stocker out of it...fingers crossed...

I also have hope we may see it brought back to Licenced Pavement Duty right here at the Hamb...fingers crossed...all the best to any Hambers chasing this Hotrod...

@axle you must have a mixed bag of emotions going on right now...all the best...;)

Being you're letting this go...what might be your wish be for what would be your Turn Key in your New Garage?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Torkwrench and loudbang like this.
  17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hi guys, I temporarily removed the headers, and bolted on the hood top and hood sides. This is how the car looked when the builder drove it on the streets. A completely different look. All the best, Axle.

thumbnail-2.jpeg thumbnail-18.jpeg

Stogy, 41 coupe, Blue One and 6 others like this.
  18. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Oh dang!!!! That looks great!!!!

Stogy, Blue One and axle like this.