Register now to get rid of these ads!

probably the cheapest looking fake tripower i've seen..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod54chevy, Jul 3, 2006.

1. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

What will they thinkof next. Before ya know it they will have fake Tits.....

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

LOL
    I've seen my fair share of those that suck too

3. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

i was thinkin about doin somethin like this for a 2x2 setup.but i just gotta say this..even if i HAD two functional carbs on my SBC,it'd be just as lame as havin two fakes on it,probably :D
    creepy

4. torpedo jones

torpedo jones

I've been in a bidding war with that creep.

5. If they can enlarge your penis why can't they fake your induction?

6. naki kid

naki kid

It,s just like those fake S.V. head covers for a small block chev i read about in some yank hot rod mag or those full engine covers to make it look like a late model car,Just go for the real stuff you will have more fun and enjoyment.

7. crash 51

crash 51
    from FTW,TEXAS

You took the words right out of my mouth!

8. Out of solid bar stock......

9. Bugman

Bugman

That would fool 80% of car show spectators and participants.

10. That's true. So it's cheesy, at least it looks better (until you get up close) than just one 2-barrel.

11. Bgoodman

Bgoodman

Who wants to send this thread to the seller?!

12. arkracing

arkracing

$100 for 3 Side Inlet Rochesters? - seems like a deal to me - even if they need to be rebuilt.
    ASSUMING that they are matching sizes and are in decent shape - hard to tell from those pictures.

Junk the intake and get a real 3x2 one and put a block off plate under the two outboard carbs if you really want the milage - @ least it looks more real

13. i'd just leave the hood closed.

14. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,.. my scanner is broke !, what does that have to do with this thread ?,
    well, I found a article from "Rod Action" from either 76 or 77, entitled,...
    "Suprise !" by David Dufrane and it shows this very thing, offred by "Speed Specialties" in Stamford CT. original cost was $29.95 for the plate and tri power linkage only. In the article it says "junk yard prices are usually $5.00 each on these carbs."
    So there ya' go !, you can have a rare piece of historical Hot Rod "Poser"
    equipment,....... or build one yourself and use some Olds valve covers on your SBC,......... Once in the 70's I had a guy come into Gratiot Auto Supply and buy two volosity stacks for his 6 Cyl Falcon, the next week he had drilled two holes in his hood and bolted them on to it,...... instant "Drule Quads",... that was the worst thing I had seen.

15. 33 Dodge

33 Dodge

And a fake plastic mock up motor to go with it.

16. wethebmx

wethebmx
    from walnut, ca

thats nothing, i bought a flathead once that i found in the paper in hemit. the description said flathead ford, 3 carb intake and aluminum heads. painted head. the motor was only 200 bucks. i went to get pick it up and it had a stock intake with 2 pieces of wood bondoed to the intake and 3 94's . the whole setup was painted aluminum silver. the heads were also painted the same silver and were cracked. i bought the motor though, only because the block was all ground down and painted nice red and it didnt look like it was cracked or anyhting. not to mention the 3 94 cores. i wish I had pics. it was the worst thing id ever seen. it was so old mans, and he died. his wife said he wouldv'e flipped if he found out she sold it.

17. Powerband

Powerband

Hey watch what ya' say about those Falcon Sixes, You never know when one might surprise ya...

2bbl X 1:
    [​IMG]

3 X 1bbl

[​IMG]

2 X 1bbl & 1 X 2bbl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next - 3 X 4bbl's ...

Powerband :D

18. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Mount em on springs, at least it'll look the part. I can image in the cam you'd run with this bad boy.

19. Jimv

Jimv

I never saw a trip olds manifold for that little bit of money & how would you make a tripower a fake? just use a center carb??
    JimV

20. twofosho

twofosho

If you're going this far, you've got to add a second set of plug wires with hemi boots RTVd to the valve covers, running to a distributor cap left dangling at the opposite end of the motor from the real one. Then run split hairpins on a tube axle with old rusty coilovers on a weird cantilevered suicide perch guarantied to twist off and drop the front end on the ground at the first available pothole (thank our local governments, more interested in social engineering with fuel tax money, than God forbid, actually fixing an occasional road or street), sand the rust off your body shell daily in various places to prove you're making it the rat rod you aways wanted it to be. Oh, and you might want to write "it's a Hemi" in crude block letters on the cowl, just to be real cool.

21. RETTER

RETTER

Thats some really slick craftsmanship-------for a 2 year old! That is hilarious-hillbilly tri power Get Ya Some HahHAahhahahNahahahhaaaaaaaaa:D