Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Does Denise still have the big Olds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Jun 12, 2020.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, I was in Florida the weekend of the Detroit Autorama. It was the first one I missed in .ore years then I can remember. I thought about flying home for it but decided to check out the Amelia Island Consours event instead as I had never been. Glad I did because I got to see not only lots of awesome cars but car pals from all over the country. It was a fabulous weekend. Sorry to have missed you while you were in my hood. Next thing we've got to get you out here for the Woodward Dream Cruise!

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

pitman, Hamtown Al, mgtstumpy and 6 others like this.
  2. atch

atch

fadeaways;... ...needs fadeaways...

b-t-w; I don 't post on FB much, but I've kept up with your Florida exploits all winter.

hotrodladycrusr likes this.
  3. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Denise....good to hear from you again.....

4. Great to see you back, Denise!!!

5. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Denise...shopping, you forgot to mention shopping!

Hamtown Al and hotrodladycrusr like this.
  6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Denise it’s so very good to hear from you again, I always loved your posts!!

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to hear from you @hotrodladycrusr...more pics please...Cookies and Cruisin...;)

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Too funny! Yep, I do alot of shopping, especially shoes, jewelry and art pieces. ;)

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes Cars all Done...Just fill it Up Cruise and Shop...Now there's many Hamber's that have a Stable of Hotrod/Customs on the go but many of us have one...and it's done so Drive On with a Big Olds Smile...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  10. HI Denise,,,,So glad you chimed in...And Thank you for being the first to welcome me to the HAMB WHEN i first joined. I enjoyed taking you and Megan to dinner during one year at Round-up,,also when we let you cackle the Scorpion another year.you are missed very much here on these pages,please do it more often,,,,,,one of your old TEXAS admirers,,,,,,,,Bob

11. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

Glad you are back. Poco from Okla

12. congrats on the retirement! glad to see you post again.

13. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Well, thanks for all the info and updates. Like so many Hambers, I'm glad to hear that Denise and the Big Olds (and her MOM!) are doing well. I also appreciate the updates on her travels and plans.
    Nothing like getting the info straight from the front of the horse!!
    Thanks again to one and all and a big THANK YOU! to Denise for taking time to again share on the HAMB.
    I think we'll all agree she is an inspiration and a sweetheart... and great cookie maker, too!!

winduptoy, CruZer, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  14. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Happy belated birthday

15. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

Hi Denise. Great to hear from you!

16. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Hi Denise. I, along with many many others, are certainly glad to have you back on the HAMB. We've desperately missed you and your many posts covering the trips you've taken to all points of this country.
    Where about in Florida were you in this past season? Are you planning on a "snowbird" life for the coming winter months?

17. Hi Denise, we sure have missed you and happy to hear you are back home from another adventure.

Hard to believe I haven't see you since Knoxville,Tennessee, HRP

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Denise, you and your cars are a treasure. Thanks for checking in!

19. derbydad276

derbydad276

Rumors of her Demise have been greatly Exaggerated ....

20. Welcome home!

21. Good to see that trademark smile, and good to hear that things are going good for you.
    DON'T BE A STRANGER!

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks bud for all the kind words. Yes I plan on continuing the snow bird lifestyle. My homebase is Haines City. This allowed me to get to either coast in just over an hour. I got to see Megan and her family on the east coast a couple of times and I got to see quite a few friends along the gulf coast. Until the virus hit I was heading off each weekend to check out a car show or art show. Like most the rest of the winter there just wasn't the same. Stayed very close to home.

So what about you? Do you winter in Florida? If so where and let's get together next winter.

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It has been awhile. I did get close to you last year as I did a gals road trip to the Biltmore and Charleston. Had an absolute blast! I rented an AirBnB at the beach. It wasn't a car thing or I would have contacted you. Miss you!

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks bud! Miss you. Let's catch up soon.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks bud! I wish my Big Olds/Rodders Digest shirt still fit. I would have put it on and taken a photo for you! One of these days! LOL

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I miss all my Texas buds! Boy we've sure had some great times together. I treasure those memories. Thanks!

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Hi Denise - Yes, we winter in Florida on the east coast, Delray Beach to be exact. We have been doing it for quite a while now. Most of our hot rod friends from our home area of Rochester are wintering on the west coast around the Ft. Myers area. We have get-together picnic in March somewhere in the North Ft. Myers area. We do this every year with all the hot rod folks we know and would sure love to include you. I'm sure that you might remember some of the folks from the HAMB meet-ups which happened at the GG's events.

Let me know what might work for you. We're are pretty flexible. Again, it's great to have you back on the HAMB.

28. AHotRod

AHotRod

Hey Denise - Glad to see you retired and having some fun.
    Glenn