Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Does Denise still have the big Olds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Pulled this shirt today to wear and wondered if Denise still has Hendrickson’s old Big Olds car? 61369110057__CF2F881A-4860-4D90-BC98-2A7C8A5DB29A.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. I think so, but it's been several years since I've seen Denise or Big Olds.

Phil

3. I think so as well, but I don't think she spends much time on here anymore. Maybe Instagram, not sure.

4. By the way, Al, both you and the shirt are holding up nicely.:)

5. upspirate

upspirate

We're friends on FB.
    Yes she still has it, and just got home to Michigan and will be cruising it again.
    Think she still has the cookie pusher wagon also, although it's for sale

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hotrodladycrusr was last seen:

Sep 30, 2019

That from the notable members page.

I'm thinking life got in the way of playing hot rod for her just it has done for a lot of us.

I sure Miss her stories though. Back when I started, checking in to see if she had posted any of her exploits car trip wise was always fun.

7. Yep..I live I the same city...she and her car are in the Christmas Parade the last few years

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  8. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Denise has been in Florida a bunch and seeming to be liking it. I think she was back in Michigan a few weeks ago. I don't think she would ever part with Big Olds.

9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I sure miss her posts, she always had something interesting to say

TagMan, texasred, Baumi and 4 others like this.
  10. Roadsir

Roadsir

Really cool to see. I have a couple yet!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Flatheads for Chocolate Chips......

texasred, Never2low, raven and 3 others like this.
  12. Denise' cookies are delicious!:D
    She's cool too.;):rolleyes:
    Don't know about Big Olds.
    DSC02300.JPG

5window, deadbeat, Stogy and 7 others like this.
  13. Her hugs are the best!:D

hrm2k, raven, hotrodladycrusr and 4 others like this.
  14. She had a birthday a couple days ago. Probably her 25th. :D. Great lady!

Baumi, hrm2k, hotrodladycrusr and 4 others like this.
  15. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

She was with Autoweek and it was sold to a Hearst. Great gal and an asset to the hobby.

16. upspirate

upspirate

I was in contact this AM. She's going to figure out her password and get on this thread

millersgarage, CruZer, Mel and 9 others like this.
  17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I miss Denise. She's one of the most genuine ppl anyone would ever be so lucky to meet.

Boryca, CruZer, upspirate and 4 others like this.
  18. I never told her that I don't eat cookies.

19. ....Secret's safe with me.:D;)

20. Tell D to contact @Ryan if she needs password help. She might need your help upspirate to get message from her to Ryan.
    Phil

21. upspirate

upspirate

Will do

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. Mmmmm, Denise's chocolate chip cookies.:cool::cool::cool:

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and raven like this.
  23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hi guys! Thanks for all the kind words. Its been quite a while since I've checked in. Quick update....yes I still have Big Olds AND the Cookie Pusher. Both are doing great and get driven on a regular bases. In fact took the Cookie Pusher out on Thursday when I met up with HAMBer Moose and his wife for dinner.

Like most know Autoweek, where I worked was sold to Hurst in mid Oct. The magazine was disbanded as they only wanted Autoweek for its online presence. I decided at that point to retire!

I spent the winter in Florida and got the opportunity to hang out with lots of HAMB pals including Megan and her husband Matt, Vic Piano, Tim Grant, Dick Van Dork, Geoff Hacker, just to name a few. I was able to check out Mecum's auction, Amelia Island and a few other art events before the plug was pulled and everything got cancelled. Stayed in Florida for 5 months and despite the stay at home directives I really had a wonderful time with not only old pals but new friends I met in the community.

I also spent some time in Jan with Hot Rod Ed in Phoenix. We checked out all the car auctions and cruise nights and got to catch up with Gordo and Kent while in AZ.

I've been back in Michigan for a couple of weeks now getting projects done around the house and yard.

This summer is going to be a strange one for all of us due to the fact that so many of our beloved events have gotten canceled or postponed. As most know I'm here in the Detroit Metro area and we make our own fun so if anyone would like to come visit and check out the wonderful state of Michigan, I'd be happy to show you around.

I miss you all! So what has everyone been up too?

Photo is of me and Mom cruising in Big Olds at the end of December right before we left for Florida! 20191226_154828.jpeg 20191226_154744.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. raven

raven

Glad to see you’re safe and still in the thick of things. We sure missed you around here.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. 48stude

48stude

Your car still looks terrific!

26. Good to hear from you. Both you and your Mom and Big Olds are looking great. I thought about you back in late Feb./ early March as I finally made it to Detroit for the Autorama, something I had been wanting to do for only about 60 years! When I was a youngster, reading about the work of the Alexander Brothers, as well as magazine coverage of the event, I knew I had to get there at least once in my lifetime. Guess you were in Florida at that time. Had a great steak dinner with my 3 pals at Monroe Street Steakhouse in Greektown. Thanks for checking in..............Don.

Hamtown Al, jim snow, hrm2k and 3 others like this.
  27. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

It is good to see the photo of you, your mom, and big Olds

We have plenty of great memories. Hopefully our paths will cross someday soon.

28. Great pictures. The cars nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. Rckt98

Rckt98

Great to see you looking well (and your Mum).
    Have certainly missed your epic road trip stories.
    Russell. (NZ).

30. belair

belair

Good to see your smile around here.

texasred, Thor1, Hamtown Al and 4 others like this.