Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1961 Oldsmobile 394 - complete carb to pan

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by 57JoeFoMoPar, Feb 26, 2020.

1. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

City: Glen Gardner

State: New Jersey
    Price: 1500 obo
    Selling this complete 394 Olds, factory 4 barrel. I am not looking to separate it or parts off of it (with the possible exception of the carb). This is a running engine out of a driving 1961 Oldsmobile Super 88. This car was taken apart for a complete restoration and custom job, but the engine was just detailed and reinstalled.

In full disclosure, this is an unrebuilt engine that has lower than normal oil pressure. Cold oil pressure will be about 40 psi, and drop to about 25-30 psi driving around. Warm idle pressure is low, around 5 psi. It does not knock or make any sound indicating the engine is in imminent danger of coming apart. It has the expected oil leak from the rear main. It has minimal blow-by, generally does not consume oil or smoke, and does not overheat. I drove this car all summer long (about 5000 miles total), including a 1000-mile round trip drive to Canada and back, without issue. With some thick oil, the engine gets a little lifter tap on extended highway runs, which then goes away as soon as you get into local driving. But in an effort to just finish this car for good, I'm going a different direction with the drivetrain and won't be using this 394.

This engine is complete carb-to pan, and includes,
    -A Holley 600 vacuum secondary, electric choke. This carb has only a few thousand miles on it. It has an adapter to bolt to the factory intake.
    -Water pump replaced about 5000 miles ago.
    -I have both 2 groove and 3 groove crank pulleys. I will include both in the sale.
    -Distributor was converted to Pertronix electronic ignition.
    -Ross Racing Engines mini starter
    -Intake has been ground smooth and painted with automotive paint, the rest of the engine has a basic red engine enamel.
    -Several parts have been sent out for chrome plating, including the water pump pulley, road draft tube, wire stanchions, water neck, oil fill tube cover,
    and factory valve covers. They are all in nice shape and shine brightly, but are probably a step below a "Show Chrome".
    -Exhaust manifolds are included. The passenger side has a ceramic coat on it, and the driver side has a high temp VHT paint.
    -Fuel pump with filter
    -Flywheel
    -I'll include whatever brackets I have, which was. a custom belt drive that included a GM 1 wire alternator (not included), Sanden A/C compressor (not included), and Borgeson PS pump (also not included).

This engine could be a good runner for years, or you may want to disassemble it and throw some new bearings in it, or just use it as a good core.

Price is $1500 for the whole package. Engine is located in Lebanon Township (Glen Gardner), NJ. I can load it for you. I WILL ship this engine via Fastenal, but that will be at additional cost to buyer for both shipping, as well as to me for the palletizing. Serious buyers and I can have that conversation.

Transmission package is now SOLD.

Feel free to get at me with questions. You can PM me, or it will be best to get a hold of me by phone or text (preferably between the hours of 8am and 10 pm) at 908-705-3236. Thanks!

Olds front.jpg Olds pass.jpg olds 394 on stand.jpg olds casting numbers.jpg Olds pulley.jpg
    Olds 394 with carb.JPG Ross starter.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Price cut to $1500. Let's make a deal. Would look great in a hot rod.