Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ford 223 Offenhauser Intakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Duke_62, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Duke_62

Duke_62

I have been looking for dual carburetor intake manifolds for my 223 six. I found a few, but they all lack linkage. Do any of you know where I could purchase a full linkage kit for them, or provide any tips with how I could fabricate my own?

Thank You for your help.

loudbang likes this.
  2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First, I would imagine that you are intending to run straight linkage, not progressive. If so, this makes things much easier. Years ago, I purchased a kit (from Summit, I think) that had all kinds of swivels, rods, trunnions, and other pieces that allowed me to run two 2GC's on the Hemi in my race car. It worked well, and I still have most of it left over. I don't know if they still offer it, but it was very useful. I am sure most of the individual parts and pieces are available lots of places.

loudbang and Duke_62 like this.
  3. I am almost positive that offenhauser still makes the intage and the linkages are easy to make. There are many companies that make pre fab linkage kits.

loudbang and Duke_62 like this.
  4. Duke_62

Duke_62

Thank you for the information. I’ll look at what summit has to offer. Also, I’m kind of torn between a tri carb manifold and a dual. Do you have any suggestions into what I should invest more into? Currently I’m planning on running either setup with single barrel 1904 carbs.

loudbang and 56 ford custom like this.

5. Duke_62

Duke_62

I’ll call Offenahuser and check, thank you.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Are you going to run the cool clear glass bowls?

Duke_62 and loudbang like this.
  7. Duke_62

Duke_62

Yessir. I’ve already got one installed.

Attached Files:

56 ford custom likes this.
  8. Right on!! I was wondering, I have a few. Im looking for a couple more Big logo "HOLLEY" bowls.

Duke_62 likes this.
  9. Duke_62

Duke_62

Those ones are hard to find. Best of luck to you.

56 ford custom likes this.
  10. I have been very lucky to find the ones I have just need a couple more. But yes...you are absolutely correct sir.

Duke_62 likes this.
  11. classiccarfreak

classiccarfreak
    from Saline, MI

Who all made dual carb intakes for 223? I have found Edmunds and an Offy but does anyone have a recommendation or experience with a particular brand?