Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Oh lord no Jack lol, I'm nowhere near above taking the BFH to an exhaust pipe ;) i dropped the idler arm and looked at it for a few minutes before i figured out i made the downpipe wrong o_O I'll get back under there tmrw and address the situation :D gotta run a line to the modulator valve, and stick the front wheels back on, and I'm taking it down the road!

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Left turns only? Sounds like you've built yourself a roundy-rounder car. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. Just tell people that you put a Nascar chassis underneath it. :)

4. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Lloyd, a big shout out to you for offering to partner up and paint the Comet SEGA FX for southcross2631!

5. Glad to help man ;) That's what car guys do.... no better people in the world. :cool:

6. Well i loosened the right side down pipe and pushed it over while i tightened the nut closest to the block, then snugged the other 2, worked good! So now I'm back on lol. Everything tight, greased and ready for a test drive! Soon as i push these cars out of the way lol. Why am i always painting cars that don't run? o_O 20200611_124118.jpg 20200611_124147.jpg

7. I need a front left bumper end, if any of you fellas gots one i can afford :D mine is rusted through. And I ain't gonna put a new one on there, won't match the rest of the bumper lmao!

8. Gangrene

Gangrene

I'm liking it. Gonna be a sexy little bitch!

9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the CAR is kinda sexy too:D

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have several of those bumper ends, will check condition and price if still in need!

427 sleeper and loudbang like this.
  11. Yeah let me know what ya got :)

loudbang likes this.
  12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

13. Thanks Steve ;)

loudbang likes this.
  14. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's FRIGGIN' AWESOME Man!!!
    Now that you've popped'er cherry, did she say "I Love you Lloyd!" LMAO!!!

15. She gave me a little kiss on the cheek :D

loudbang, scotty t and 427 sleeper like this.
  16. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Just to keep things real, that would be a 63 year old Cherry...…………….
    PM sent on the left bumper end!

17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well ? What was your "first drive" impression ? Don't leave us hangin' !

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'57 Heaven'...congrats on the milestone @Lloyd's paint & glass...a pretty darn HandyWagon...I know there's more but a good day...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  19. Everything went great! I'd say the only downside is the rear brakes need adjusted. I only drove it about 4 miles so i didn't give it much chance to fail lol. Left muffler will need to be raised, it drags pulling out of my driveway. I'm hanging at the firehouse today, but I'll get back on it tmrw ;)

loudbang, Stogy and scotty t like this.
  20. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I haven't commented on this thread because I have a case of jealousy & a soft spot for '57 Delivery's & 150s..………………………………….

21. Feel free to say anything you'd like :D

loudbang, Stogy and scotty t like this.
  22. Tri fives drive great!

bchctybob and loudbang like this.
  23. It was quite different than a model A ;) Of course the steering wheel was a nice addition :D

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  24. Okay i had an issue where it wouldn't shift out of first gear, and the power that is the HAMB told me that my problem would be found in my governor. So i jacked it up, pulled the governor cover and a small clip fell out. Pulled the governor out and voila! The freaking gear is broke. :rolleyes: no problem right? Just call the parts house, they'll have it! WRONG... So I'm gonna run to my buddies house to check a couple of cores for a good one. My assumption is that the little clip must have bound the governor causing the plastic gear to break, but where'd it come from? Looking online i can't see that clip anywhere on the governor springs? Hopefully I'll figure it out on one of his cores. Yay.... 20200613_103255.jpg

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  25. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

4 speeds don't have that problem!

Gangrene, loudbang and scotty t like this.
  26. Nope they sure don't! I wish i knew how to drive one of them, that would be cool. But seriously, didn't want a 4 speed in this car. Besides, i had the transmission already and didn't have to spend all that money :D but i got another governor from Tim, it's in. Sitting down for a drink and then i have to stick the left exhaust back on. Then test drive. :cool:

27. I always thought those fancy automatics had little elves inside doing the shifting.

hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  28. Gman0046

Gman0046

Eventually you'll find out where the clip came from.