Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NSRA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OLDSMAN, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I just got the latest Street Scene magazine, they have an updated schedule for this year so far, everything but the York, PA event has been rescheduled to fall dates. Nothing was said about the Nationals yet. With what I have heard, I just don’t see anyway that NSRA can hold that in August as scheduled.

2. Did they change the date for the Kalamazoo show? If they did do you know the new date?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

4. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I would doubt very much that they could have the Nationals in Louisville. Some things in my area are starting to open up but with strict restrictions. Even if N.S.R.A. decides to have it I doubt many people will chance it and attend. I've thrown in the towel for all 2020 events. Even the A.A.C.A. cancelled HERSHEY and that's in October, four months away. Sad.

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Nothing yet on Kalamazoo yet. That one is late enough in the year so it might not be affected.

6. I was think last night that today I would be on my way home from the 20th annual All Deuce Run but that wasn't to be,

I hope the outlook will have improved by then but fear this pandemic will still be very much a problem, being creatures of habit many of us look forward to the snows melting and the trees turning green signaling the start of the big shows many of us have attended for years.

The Nats South is the first one for me having attended every year since 1979, it has been rescheduled for October, that 5 more months away.

I really miss seeing all my hot rod pals, hopefully soon we can get back to something that feels normal. HRP

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

OKC still on as far as I can tell. Pueblo also.

8. You’re right, OKC was rescheduled to July 10-12. And I believe York is going on as originally planned.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. I hope they make a decision soon, I've got hotel reservations lol. Louisville is probably the hardest hit area here, due to the density.

10. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Chryslerfan, If I'm not mistaken, York has be cancelled.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. There is a local car show that happens every Father's Day just south of Milwaukee. Its been going on for 39 years. It attracts several hundred cars. The mayor gave the ok to have it. When the guy went to get a one day rider for insurance the agent told him you can't afford it. So now its cancelled. 39 years doing business with the same company and that's the thanks. Nice.

12. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger my friend, over 21 years ago when I owned a business in Downtown a proposal was made to the city council to have a downtown Fathers Day car show and being involved with it and suggestions made it became a very popular yearly event, there was no entry fee and each and every participant received a goodie bag packed with giveaways from downtown businesses and to top it off they got ten dollar downtown bucks (gift coupon)

The first year there was over 150 cars on Saturday and everyone was invited back on Sunday for a antique car tour that used Anderson for a stop over, it was obviously a timed event because some of the participants were in a hurry getting to the down town square where the timing clock stopped.

But like everything else, money and ego's got in the way and entry fees started, no coupons, no goodie bags, some merchant's complained about parking in front of their business and the pandemic was the last straw, the downtown merchant's have complained to the city council and the decision was made that Anderson will no longer have a downtown show.

All good things come to a end and it appears 2020 is the year.:oops: HRP

47ragtop and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like I'm going to finish my Buick ahead of plan. Sigh.

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

One of the biggest problems in Louisville is the vendor pavilions have been turned into a COVID-19 hospital. Not sure how this will impact the NSRA Nats.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  15. I don't profess to be a rocket scientist but I would think that using the pavilion as a hospital trumps verses the NSRA car show. HRP

16. 2MNYTYS

2MNYTYS
    from MN

I just received an email confirming that the 2020 NSRA Street Rod Nationals in Louisville is NOT CANCELED but is in fact GOING TO HAPPEN as scheduled!!!! The Governor of Kentucky just approved the event happening.

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'm honestly surprised as everything in near by Indiana has been cancelled including the Frog Follies and the Indiana State Fair.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am thrilled for you. I cant even get a hair cut in my state. Don't forget your cameras!

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Puelbo is being rescheduled. CO Governor still wont allow anything to happen her, unless its a riot

21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

The amount of tax revenue that brings into L'ville ,was it ever any doubt. Not that money would influence anything...................

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and 47ragtop like this.
  22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

everything that is adjusting back to normal could stop in a couple weeks as the folks we all have seen gathered on the news will start to get sick.

gimpyshotrods and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

The big gathering in Osage Beach MO a few weeks ago that all the news media said will result in a big spike in the virus has not.

24. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

NSRA NATS in Louisville has been approved and will happen. Was on the local (Louisville) news this AM.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

I think I'll head on up and get a parking spot.

Nostrebor likes this.
  26. Gman0046

Gman0046

Can't help but think the attendance at this years NSRA Nats will be down considerably. Many of the usual attendees are in the COVID-19 high risk (65 and up) age range. The abilility to get close by hotel/motel reservations will tell a lot about the expected turnout.

Just read on line the COVID-19 Field Hospital they created at the Fairgrounds Exhibit Halls is still in operation???

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  27. York cancelled for 2020. Louisville a go.

28. Gman0046

Gman0046

65% of all Kentucky COVID-19 cases have been in Jefferson County where NSRA Nats are scheduled. Being as I'm in the high risk category to say I'm not concerned I'd be lying but still plan on going to some extent.

For the "give away car drawing" its always been shoulder to shoulder in a jam packed Freedom Hall. Wonder how they will handle that situation.

Not looking forward to wearing a face mask in the usual ninety degree plus temperatures normally encountered during the Nats. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the plans are to keep attendees safe.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  29. We have to take responsibility for ourselves, this corona virus has changed the world, I would like to attend the Nationals but I can't imagine wearing a mask in the heat & humidity of August on Louisville.

The majority of the NSRA members are in the age group that is the most at risk, the new normal sucks & we all have to decide when and how we go about attending shows in the future. HRP

30. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I just hope N.S.R.A. knows what it's doing. This morning, CNN reported that there are over 20 states, that because of opening up too early and the riots, Covid 19 is rising. As much as I'm disappointed, I have to give credit to the A.A.C.A for cancelling HERSHEY when they did. As HRPRIMER points out most of us are getting up there in age and are at risk. I do Louisville every year and just can't imagine how they are going to police it.

Gman0046 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.