Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DRAG SNAKE "Vintage Terror!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Oct 13, 2017.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Definitely number 3!

Deuced Up!, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Option 3 with a blue panel behind it. A rounded corner, organic panel that looks like it fits, not squared off. You could fade the edges of the panel too if you wanted.

Deuced Up! and Thor1 like this.
  3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Option 3 for sure!

kiwijeff, Deuced Up! and loudbang like this.
  4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

5. RodStRace

RodStRace

Not that it mattters, but I prefer #3. I'd like it better if the scoop was gold like #1.
    However, I've noticed that ALL of your 'shop designs have left the area behind the front wheel on the fender open. Since there isn't a louver there, I'd say that the snake should be moved up more and have a gap between it and the lettering.

Another possibility is to enlarge the DRAGSNAKE a bit and put the Powered By Holman Moody above the front wheel arch. I could see the round logo on the Black top, too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  6. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

7. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Combine Option 1 and Option 3. Gold hood scoop , the white one on the gold stripe looks like an after thought. The 289 looks cool on the scoop and breaks up the gold a little. Move the cobra snake forward a bit so it is not crowding in the DRAGSNAKE logo so much. And if you change your mind again I will have James and Jackson come over there and slap you silly to the point you wish you where building a CIVIC! ;);) And Dad may even help them! lol Larry

And I still think the snake pattern "lace" on the stripes would be cool and tie the black top in more!:)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  8. I like #2 the best, #3 is to heavy in the front, maybe try the snake at the rear of the lettering

Deuced Up! likes this.
  9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Glad I can keep your creative juices flowing. You'l get it figured out, do you need Nathan and I to come help?

10. loudbang

loudbang

11. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

What he said.

Deuced Up!, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Randall, you know what they say about opinions:eek:
    I'm with James too.
    If you left the Cobra name off the car, I just can't imagine someone coming up to you and asking "What kind of car is this", it just doesn't seem neccessary.
    Dig the DragSnake though!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Deuced Up!, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  13. Hell! I like all of the options. #3 is really cool. I would like to see the "powered by H.M" on there somewhere too. Above the wheel arches would be cool, as someone already recommended.

This car will be awesome! Don't sweat the graphics...you could always change your mind.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. SR100

SR100

H&M probably would have used the large COBRA lettering only if Shelby/Ford was paying...
    I like three the best, but I think that if you pull the front part forward so that the door gap falls between 'Drag' and 'Snake' and between 'By' and 'Holman' it will look cleaner. You may also want to play with size to line up the gap and fill in the area behind the wheel as previously noted.

15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Ya but how will the T Shirts look?

One thought, three is it to.

16. I like two. My only suggestion would be to center the graphics on the side of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuced Up! and Thor1 like this.
  17. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep...new T-shirt deign coming...lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Sancho, Offset, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So, do we have to burn the ones we have?

19. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Lmfao.

Thor1, loudbang and Deuced Up! like this.
  20. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No they are a good quality shirt. Perfect for working in the shop. They are very soft so good to wash the car with. At the very least now they are outdated so you could call them vintage!

Personally, I am shipping my left overs to @loudbang (I think he knows how to get the best "bang" for the buck for them there in the far east!) RIGHT? Little inside joke there...sorry!

DSMKII.jpg
    Or you could look at it this way. You have a DragSnake MKI shirt and now there is an MKII .... LMAO!
    That's a Cobra Joke James.

21. loudbang

loudbang

For sure send me all the old ones I have plenty of potential models to try them on. :rolleyes:

22. 392

3 for me, great build.

Deuced Up!, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  23. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like option #2, but #3 would be OK

24. If I said I don't care, would that make me a ****?

Thor1 and Deuced Up! like this.
  25. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

My two cents? I like this version, but I suggest that you increase the size of the text (proportionally) to take up most of the space between the wheel arches. tapatalk_1591834158536.jpeg

26. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No but it could effect my delicate super ego that ultimately drives me to continually create and update build threads like this seeking superficial approval from my peers many of which remain for the most part anonymous. It could actually stimulate a need to post more or even duplicate posts in an effort to fill a void in my fragile psyche.

rooman, Gammz, HEMI32 and 10 others like this.
  27. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No but it could effect my delicate super ego that ultimately drives me to continually create and update build threads like this seeking superficial approval from my peers many of which remain for the most part anonymous. It could actually stimulate a need to post more or even duplicate posts in an effort to fill a void in my fragile psyche.

See! ....LMAO!

28. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Vintage??? Isn't that what they call Narue jackets and Glen Plaid slacks ?;););) If you weren't there in 1969 you won't know why I have worn blue jeans, boots and western cut shirts ever since! lol When this thing is burning up some asphalt I want some x larges! Actually when this project started I was xx large! lol Larry

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  29. Sorry I asked.

chryslerfan55, Deuced Up! and Thor1 like this.