Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Spring Carlisle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Jun 8, 2020.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Talked to Tim at Carlisle Productions on Friday.....Spring Carlisle is a GO....wed-June 17 to sat-June 20....NO SUNDAY....I will start loading the truck tomorrow and get all my stuff together....I will be in new spots for the spring....K1,2,3 right beside the small food stand....I sell clean used stainless trim for all types of cars up to 1960....misc. grilles....T-bird interiors and misc. seats....always happy to talk to HAMBER's....stop by and say Hi....pics are from Fall 2019

Attached Files:

2. Seriously?..I guess I'm just a little surprised. Hershey is cancelled this far in advance, but Carlisle is a go. Guess that's good news.

Dino 64, jim snow and chevy57dude like this.
  3. anything that is open has got to be good news.
    You have to take what you can get.
    I plan on going.

4. 5window

5window

Not me, sadly. Not willing to risk my '71 year old lungs for the lackluster finds Carlisle usually presents.Cautious as I am, too many inconsiderate folks crowding in. Hope it's great for you,though

Sent from my moto g(6) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

Happy happy joy joy. Although I'm sure it will be a little weird but looking forward to doing something already.
    As for Hershey cancelling I'm thinking a big consideration was people flying in from other country's.
    Surely it wasn't an easy decision.

hotrodjack33 and wraymen like this.
  6. .............................True words.

Dino 64 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  7. If I can't have Hershey I am taking my bat and going/staying home!:(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  8. oldolds

oldolds

You are either going to have the best event you ever had or it will be a ghost town. Good luck!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. ............I'm guessing the latter.:(

10. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I bet there will be a lack of long distance attendees, but people within reasonable driving distance will attend in huge numbers. Lots of cabin fever going on these days. It will be good. Happy Hunting to all the buyers and Brisk Selling to all the sellers. Have fun!!!

11. Glass half empty? ;) Negative waves...Negative waves.;)

It’s going to be great! Doesn’t that sound better?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  12. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I had given it up for this year but since there is no Hershey, Carlisle is sounding better and better. I have a 6 hour drive to get there so I might make a long day of it on Thursday. 12 hours driving, 10 hours at Carlisle and a two hour nap, I can do that:rolleyes: Come to think of it I have a buddy that I can talk in to going and he can drive part time if I can keep him out of the beer cooler.

13. ............Get a room and then you can spend 2 days (20 hours!) and arrive back home refreshed. :D;)........You know that you will always find that treasure that you didn't know you needed.:eek:

Dino 64 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  14. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

That is what we have done since 1984 but this year I have a can't miss Dr's appointment on the 17th and have to be home early on the 19th. I really hate it that I have to miss my meal at the Glass Lounge too. This damned virus has really screwed things up:mad:

15. It beats working. Damn right I'm going, it's in my backyard.

16. It is a gamble as the virus is still doing its damage. I probably will go with a mask and the handwipes.

17. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I agree !!

18. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

The folks at Carlisle have already taken considerable measures to minimize your risk. You will need a mask to enter the grounds. The food court has been spread out and modified to allow social distancing. There will be hand sanitizer stations and enhanced cleaning of rest rooms and other gathering places.

My take is this: Use the common sense and distancing practices we’ve all been learning. Wear your mask and take advantage of the hand washing and sanitizer frequently. Yes, the crowd will be smaller. Yes, we will enjoy getting out and walking the swap meet.

Another thing to remember. Hershey will hold an antique car show on Saturday October 10. There will be no swap meet at Hershey. If the virus continues to diminish (we pray), Fall Carlisle - held the week proceeding Hershey- will be the “replacement “ for the Hershey Swap Meet. You might want to get your Fall Carlisle spaces now- I did.

19. tjm73

tjm73

I've been watching this for months. I don't know how this is not going to be in violation of the State mandated gathering restrictions. The limit is 250 people or less. I won't be surprised if the State steps in and shuts it down.

The time, money and travel required for the majority of vendors is substantial. Many at this point, I suspect, will not invest that time, money and travel to get a shaky turnout to make it a money making venture.

I believe that by plowing ahead they feel they can lay claim to not refunding space fees or honor those fees next year. Instead of them "cancelling", you choose not to go.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  20. oldolds

oldolds

I am sure Carlisle has been in contact with everyone in Harrisburg to know if they can do this.
    I would really be upset if I was set up and the state came in to shut it down. I don't think Carlisle Productions would want the amount of wrath that would come after that.

21. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am a vendor at the Chrysler show. I have been watching all this also. While Chrysler seems to be ok for now. Others, close in date to it, or even after July have been cancelled or moved. I just read that fall Hershey has been cancelled. I really hope spring happens for you guy's...but I would sure like to know how! Gene.

22. tjm73

tjm73

COVID19 is falling in the North East, but Carlisle draws lots of people from the States below and the West of PA. All States that have growing cases. Going forward and allowing the event to bring the potential infection back into play is a bad decision at best. I hope their isn't a spike on infection as a result of the show.

23. We are all grown men and can make our own decisions. Be cautious, scrub up as often as you feel the need. If your not feeling well, Stay Home.
    If you don’t want to go, that’s fine but leave the judgements in “lock down” at home.

24. pkhammer

pkhammer

I plan to be there, mainly to deliver some pre-sold parts but I might throw in a few hamb friendly items! 102_3150.JPG 102_3153.JPG 102_3696.JPG 102_3723.JPG 102_3736.JPG 102_3769.JPG

25. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Carlisle will be in the ''green'' come Friday....we will have to take precautions....but it will open.....

26. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Good luck Stan, hope you do well. I won't be there this year. Kind of set me back missing vending at 8 events since March so far. Since then decided to stay a bit closer to home with vending but probably will do Mopar event at Carlisle in July. My first event since this fiasco started will be Springfield Oh June 26-28th. Wish you and all vendors and buyers well. Bob "the Movie Guy"

27. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

No Canadians, Border Still CLOSED. Very SAD.

28. Not sure what effect it will have but, this just happened last night...
    https://www.senatormensch.com/2020/06/09/ending-the-governors-shutdown-order-hr-836/

alphabet soup and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. tjm73

tjm73

Even the green stage still limits gathering size.

30. FOR GOODNESS SAKES, if you don't want to go , stay home!

Ben