Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quotes to live by...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Apr 2, 2018.

1. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

This quote: “Search for the mystic, exotic path of the truth,” was given to me by my favorite teacher from high school. He was my history teacher. Mr. Komarnicki made the class fun in learning about places and things we would never see or do in a lifetime. That was some feat to keep us entertained and educated at the same time.

There are some teachers that go the extra mile to educate in their own way, while still following the strict school district guidelines. Not that I liked history classes, but... "without history, we cannot learn from our mistakes…"
    upload_2020-4-24_4-26-10.png 1962 Yearbook Autograph page...
    Jnaki

He was a character and great teacher. For something as boring as history can be, that class was pretty awesome. It helped that the coolest girl in school, a close friend, was sitting next to me in the class. But the search for the “Mystic, Exotic Path of Truth” had some meaning then, during college, and is still being followed, today.

Thanks Mr. K… Thanks for the nice comments on my 58 Chevy Impala, too.
    upload_2020-4-24_4-27-50.png 1962 Long Beach

2. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

If you are going to live life on your own terms , you better be willing to Crash and Burn.
    Crue
    If I had known I was gonna live this long I would have taken better care of my self.
    me more than I’d like to admit.
    Life is a journey not a destination.
    Haven’t got a clue but it has proven out.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

General McArthur said FDR never told the truth when a lie would suffice... sounds like or politicians are still using it today....

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

With our constant "locked in place" activity, some days, it is total relaxation and nothing on our “to do” list. The dog is clean, the house is clean, the cars have a full tank of gas in them, the groceries were delivered in record time, and the yard work was finished to make the surroundings pleasant, to just hang around. So, besides a ton of nap hours, it was reading, writing, projects…hey wait, isn’t that what school kids are doing during the year anyway?

Well, this quote exemplifies our current lifestyle on certain days of the month, like most of them:
    “PEOPLE SAY NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, BUT I DO NOTHING EVERYDAY…” A.A. MILNE, famous for one of our favorite books: “Winnie the Pooh.”

My wife and I have been through a lot over the years we have been together. Like most people, we have endured those times and hardships from 1966-2020. But, we do still follow the rules given to us and hopefully will make it through this pandemic. Our biggest worry is for our son and his family. Their young lives are being totally disrupted and creating a new history for the time being.

Jnaki
    Today is the last day of "WHATEVER" school for our granddaughter. She was diligent in getting her online work done everyday. But, what a year it has been for that whole group of teenagers, going through this crisis. Their history will certainly be different than ours. We are hoping for a conclusion as soon as possible. But, some people in the world are just prolonging the situation.

upload_2020-6-3_4-58-49.png For my wife, granddaughter and family.

6. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I had a biker friend tell me one time that, Rehab is for quitters.

clem, GuyW, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  7. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Our hot rods run carburettors, but are totally electric.

enloe and Boneyard51 like this.
  8. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Shed cleanout.jpg Shed cleanout.jpg

Attached Files:

RatPwrd, dana barlow, GuyW and 5 others like this.
  9. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    chryslerfan55, fiftyv8, clem and 2 others like this.
  10. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool teacher for sure. Seems you were the Samurai Genji of Poly high, now that sounds pretty cool too!

chryslerfan55, Thor1 and jnaki like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

Hey B,

Thanks for that nice comment. That history teacher was a class kind of guy. He liked athletes, all kinds of sports, hot rods and nice looking girls. No, he was not a "lech." But, he was one of those teachers that everyone liked. He came to all of our varsity football games and sat by us (with his friends) during the spectator bleacher time, during the indoor, raucous, varsity basketball games. He was one of those ..."Hey, what's up..." greeting kind of guy.

The girl that sat next to me in his class was outstanding and he did know that she was not my girl friend, but that I walked with her to class everyday. He liked her boyfriend's 1955 black and white, Cal Rake Chevy two door sedan, too. He noticed everything in this environment back in our high school.

Jnaki
    Everyone can remember at least one teacher that stood out among all of the 28 different high school teachers (4 years, 9-12) and assorted coaches. Mr. Komarnicki was one of those.

Thanks...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  12. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

If the going gets tough - keep going

Boneyard51 and Thor1 like this.
  13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Everywhere you go.........there you are.

Boneyard51 and Thor1 like this.
  14. Rodsports

Rodsports

She'll be right Mate

Boneyard51 likes this.
  15. 55Belairretrorod

55Belairretrorod
    from Australia

I believe a quote from the famous Australian lady, Sheila B Wright?

Thor1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. "I can weld metal to metal. Never have figured out how to weld metal to air." Gene Akins in Rockmart GA who taught me everything I know about body work.

chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  17. Cobber

Cobber

On the wall in an old bosses office;
    "Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, there easier to fix than dumb mistakes"

18. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

19. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Some dumbass in Detroit put that thing together ,I'll bet you can fix it !
    Grandpa 1966..

Driver50x and j3harleys like this.
  20. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

"When reason fails... Force prevails"

Thor1 likes this.
  21. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D From my Dad."Boy,you`re paid to do.NOT think".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

22. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Our little “toddler” granddaughter used to come up with these interesting sayings. Where they came from who knows. She did not watch a lot of TV shows, but did listen to a lot of rock and pop music. The music she listened to while she was with us was chosen by us, from our mp3 complete music file on a small Ipod Touch. She had her playlist mixed in with some rock and roll. Then, it was played over the old stereo amplifier and fabulous bass driven floor speakers.

She listened to the rocking music, got her toddler dance steps in motion, and did a dance on a smooth piece of an extra, wooden, finished cabinet side panel for her own personal dance floor. So, we knew the music and never once, heard the term” “BEAUTY HURTS.”

So, where did that term come from? A precocious little toddler that was a “hear all, store away all” type of kid… even from across the room. We had to watch what we said or did, when she spent the week with us or even when we were with her for all of her youth activities.

To this day, it remains a mystery as to the origin of “BEAUTY HURTS.” As a teenager, we still do not know where she got this idea... She does not know either.

upload_2020-7-4_3-46-51.png
    or perhaps it was after we had seen these: Prada‘s Spring 2012 flame heels
    upload_2020-7-4_3-47-36.png after paying, someone might be in the RED,WHITE, AND BE BLUE...

Jnaki

She has now grown into a tall, 5 foot 7 inch teenager, creating her own teenage history during this pandemic. Going back in pretend time, if we had met in the 9th grade, she would have been taller than me, at 5 feet 5 inches. As a matter of fact, she may have gotten her height from my wife who was 5’6” in the 7th grade. Boy, those two would have made my world smaller back then. My growth spurt did not come for another year (9th to 10th grade) of being a new teenager. (Actually, the height may have come from the other grandfather who was 6’4” and me a 6’ combination)

So, does BEAUTY HURT?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    dana barlow, enloe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Out of the mouths of babes. Never heard that one either. Makes you think. I certainly wouldn’t know.
    Maybe she overheard it at the chic dress store.

Boneyard51 and jnaki like this.
  24. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Three people can keep a secret if two are dead.

lothiandon1940 and X-cpe like this.
  25. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Old guys have wisdom and experience but we would rather have hair and teeth.

26. X-cpe

X-cpe

I may have commented on this before. This is what gets adolescents caught. There is no "cool" if nobody knows what you did. As soon as one other person knows, everybody knows.

27. Seon

Seon

...I do the easy ones twice and leave the hard one for someone else....

28. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-8-8_4-24-21.png
    Hello,

Our lives have been a roller coaster of survival to sitting back and relaxing, so needless to say, hot rodding was a luxury in the beginning. We had a great time doing our thing in the hot rod world and in drag racing. But, there were times when we could have used an influx of cash for more upgrades to our cars. But, who hasn’t gone through that stage?

My wife and I have been together a very long time and we have been through plenty of adversities. But through it all, it does not matter if it is a lot of expensive things or wallowing in crappy stuff, just because some celebrity has his/her house decorated in it. We have led a normal life and have come to the conclusion that we have appreciated each other through all of our adventures. We have always “been on the same page.”

Now, that we are locked in place, it is evident that things have worked out and we now appreciate all of the things we have done together. We are not in the ritzy, So Cal lifestyle, but, just normal living that we have carved out for ourselves. We get along with others, like where we are living and have no complaints. Our goal is (applies for others, too) to follow the rules and help get all of us through this pandemic as fast as we can.

Jnaki

Living in a low key life as we have done over the past 50+ years, one comes to appreciate what we have experienced. We did not plan for anything, it just happened. It is one trail in the millions of choices we have been up against, but being in a simple lifestyle, it is enjoyable. Contrary to popular belief, people can live in So Cal adapting to all that is thrown toward us. There are no high expectations and are happy to be where we are in this day of locked in place. There are always disgruntled people and their choices are theirs alone. We appreciate the So Cal life that is simple and functioning.

Hot rods and the automotive industry has given us an outlet when we were younger. Now, reliable cars that start upon turning the key or pushing a button is what is nice and simple. The current cars are low key, neutral colors, (pearl white and silver) and let us slide by society in a very peaceful existence.

29. jockeyshift41

jockeyshift41
    from Florida

“You can count the number of true friends on one hand and usually end up with extra fingers” “the grass is greener on the other side. It’s crab grass!” “I’d slap you but shit splatters”

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

It's later than you think.