Register now to get rid of these ads!

K.R. Wilson number A404B stamp set (I,6, and 9) Think Ford Vin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOtownvw, Jul 25, 2006.

1. LOtownvw

LOtownvw
    from Detroit

Any one ever been able to find the new style 6 or 9 that was created by K.R. Wilson ? any replicas?

If so where. Because I’m thinking on getting a set made if there is some interest in these products.

2. alchemy

alchemy

There's a guy out there (where?) that has reproed the Ford VIN stamps exactly. They were not cheap, but they are exact. Sorry I can't remember his name.

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Look around on the two model A club sites--he's in their dealer listings somewhere.

4. LOtownvw

LOtownvw
    from Detroit

What are the 2 model A club sites?

5. The Gentleman that sells the K.R. Wilson Frame Stamping #’s are they Harden Steel & don’t Wear Out? As, I heard that they’re not the Same Quality Specifications as The Original K.R.W. As, I’m wanting Original K.R.W Vin Stamps, or would Purchase Reproduction VIN Stamps, if someone who’s Purchased, the Reproduction Vin Stamps 1928-1938. If they used them, they gotten good Service use. Best Regards Dereald Millsap

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  6. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I've got a complete set including the the new style which include the 6-9-1-A and the star. The star looks the same as original but seems to be smaller than original when stamped. You see them advertised every once in a while for somewhere in the $200-300 range for all the numbers plus the star and A. Think they use to be on E-Bay several years ago.

I don't know why anyone would want these stamps but you might try this guy if you need some for your collection of 32 radiator shells to hang on the wall.
    http://www.restostamps.com/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  7. Liberty Garage

Liberty Garage

Try Mark Eckerich (509) 747-4609. Correct number and symbol set. I think around $150. A friend has a set and numerous frames have been stamped with no wear.