Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical how to correctly wash a barn find: explained

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, May 28, 2020.

1. yes, this was my take on the video, yes it was an "infomercial" but they did a great job. cleaning a car thoroughly is a lot of work. quality work, no matter what the job is, separates the ok, from the great.

2. I live in the upstate of South Carolina and on Memorial Day I went to drag out my charcoal grill out of my barn and I got the SH!T scared outta be, there was 3 armadillos in there, I have never even seen a live one much less three! :eek:

Where the thread about how to wash the crap outta my drawers after seeing armadillos in my barn? :DHRP

3. Danny you know the rule....pictures or it didn't happen.

ct1932ford and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Old guy had a bunch of old tractors, (mostly lawn) bunch of 70-80 car parts (mostly wrecked) old wheels,tires, trash bags , shopping carts and all kinds of debris all in front and around his barn. County inspector warned him multiple times ,must clean it up , old guy said privately "his property so what" Inspector returned and after several warnings and 30 day extensions gave the old guy 4 tickets-citations totaling $180.00 .I asked the old guy what happened he shrugged his shoulders and said "barn fine "

tb33anda3rd and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Ted, you are too weird, why would you want to see picture of my soiled drawers?

6. 67L36Driver

67L36Driver

+1, 1984.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. AGELE55

AGELE55

Well,.. I did find my 39 Poncho body in a barn. The frame was in a chicken coop. The rest of it, I haven’t found yet.

8. That is funny!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

tb33anda3rd and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

I thought Armadillos were a Texas and south west critter. I still have the mummified possum I found cleaning out a collection of car parts in a barn. Photos on request. Bob

chryslerfan55 and ct1932ford like this.
  10. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Should I wash it? I thought this was a joke when somebody mentioned it... 20200529_165558_HDR.jpg

11. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

chryslerfan55, 67L36Driver and 61cad like this.
  12. -Brent-

-Brent-

Anything AMMONYC produces is usually really great content. He's a wealth of knowledge.

13. TrevorDavies

TrevorDavies

Oh, Uhm, yeah, I remembered an incident when I couldn't find a spare windshield brush washer in the garage. It took me a long time to look around every corner. Saw a lot of old stuff, but my "barn find" for the car was gone. Everyone is familiar with this feeling and therefore decided that it would be better if I first take everything out, wash and distribute the junk into the necessary and unnecessary. When I called Commercial Power Washing, Surface Examples had already been provided. They were cleaning what I needed and could help with that. To my surprise, when all the clutter and dirt were cleared, there was my favorite windshield cleaner in front of me, my "barn find" was on the surface on a shelf, but because of the dirt and dust, I could not see it.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  14. another video I worked with Larry on. good hot rod material.

loudbang likes this.
  15. 327Eric

327Eric

What city
    What city did you find this in? Just curious, this matches what I know about my great Uncle's 56 Vette, dual quad, 3 speed. He sold it in about 1960 in the San Jose Area . The Dealers couldn't get a new 57, so they rented his car as a display model in the showroom, or tried to. Been years since he told me the story, and sadly, he passed a couple years ago.Had one of the first Electric cars in the bay area, in 1959, and made and ran moonshine out of downtown San Jose .

PoTaToTrUcK and Budget36 like this.
  16. What are the chances?!?! Can’t wait to hear more on this. :cool:

Budget36 likes this.
  17. Wow, that vette is wicked. I would love something like that ... so cool yet totally drivable without worries.

I had to look up Nicasio Cal. Literally seconds away from Skywalker Ranch. If needed, is your community able to procure the services of GWL's personal fire station?