Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2020 "Out-A-Sight" Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bald1, May 18, 2020.

1. bald1

bald1

2020 Out-A-Sight.jpg
    Just a quick announcement that the second annual Out-A-Sight Drags will be held June 26-27th at Great Lakes Dragaway. Last year’s event was a success with over 135 cars participating (considering the weather could have been better).

This year, we’re excited that the Meltdown Drags Association are back and will be participating at the event. We also have some other groups attending such as the Nostalgia Super Stock, Inc., the Nostalgia Gassers Racing Association, along with members of several other Gasser groups. We’re looking forward to hanging out and racing with them.

We currently have over 150 Gassers, Dragsters, Super Stocks, registered to race at the event, along with several cackle cars. We also have Randy Winkle and the Famoso gang coming to race, along with Steve Moths with his “Bad News” car, racing Jim Henry’s “Big Iron”. Both will be making some noise, burning nitro.

After a long winter, and a Covid-19 lock- down, I think a lot of people are ready to go racing and get back to some sense of normalcy.

If anybody is interested in attending, we have more information posted here: https://brewcitygassers.com/out-a-sight-drags

Everyone must pre-register to race. The rules are the same as last years. We’re keeping the registration open until June 23rd.

There will also be a car show for 1976 and older cars, along with a swap meet.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here, or email us at: [email protected]

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. bald1

bald1

3. I pumped and can't wait. I attended last year and was very impressed with the way it was run and by the quality of cars that came out. For guys that are on the hamb this is our kind of show. You don't want to miss this. The Thursday through saturday show makes it worth the drive if your coming from out of town. There are plenty of hotels along hwy 20 and I-94. They are 10-15 minutes from the track and it's a very safe area.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and bald1 like this.
  4. I managed to get Dad and myself registered before the covid shutdown. Irs releaving to see the Out a Sight drags is still going to happen. We are looking foward to getting some racing in.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and bald1 like this.

5. There has to be more of you out there going to the Out-A-Sight Drags! Come on, lets see what your bringing? This is what Dad and I will be bringing. 7-20 dodge and valiant (1).jpeg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    loudbang and bald1 like this.
  6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

I'd be going...IF...I were just a little closer than living in SoCal.

Mike

7. The famosa speed shop dragster is coming from California. Flights are cheap right now.

8. Over 200 preregistered as of today.

9. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Be prepared for the first run of the poison iveys dodge afx mopar there I will give you a sneak peek of the car it’s getting lettered currently and I’m finishing up the engine waiting on pushrods for the new heart then I can stab in the heart and give it a big swig of alcohol and hear it rumble if your not goin you need too

[​IMG][​IMG]

das858, cactus1, elgringo71 and 6 others like this.
  10. Awsome progress!

loudbang likes this.
  11. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Made a lot of progress in the last couple days engine and trans will go in tomorrow then it will be go time if all goes well it may come to life late tomorrow anyhow here is a sneak peek of what you will see at the out a sight drags

[​IMG]

racer-x, elgringo71, slayer and 3 others like this.
  12. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

IMG_3641.jpg img_1049.jpg
    Big brother Larry will be bringing his 59. Did some routine maintenance on the 57. Need only to load it on the trailer.

13. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Im in at #193. 20190831_123031.jpg

racer-x likes this.
  14. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

We’re leaving Kansas in the morning.. see y’all there!

IMG_1936.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

racer-x and bald1 like this.
  15. a few things. if you are camping or racing into the evening bring some bug spray. there is a grocery store just noth of the track on hwy 11 its very close. there is a napa store in union grove on hwy 45. go left leaving the track at hwy 45 turn right cross hwy 11 its on the right only minutes away. there are lots of hotels on hwy 20. turn right leaving the track go to the freeway 94 north. exit a few miles onto hwy 20. go east a few miles. its a safe area. if you run into problems coming to the track or break at the track pm me. i can direct you to the help you need.

16. Well due to a last minute broken clevis end on the panhard bar the dodge is questionable for this weekend. The damn clevis looks like a cheep hardware store part. Thanks unnnamed(for now) chassis builder.