Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Exhaust for fenton headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSS BUCKLIN, Jun 2, 2020.

1. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Hi All,

Putting Fenton headers on my 54 235 going into a 50 Fleetline. Where is the best place to go for the pipes/system to bolt up? Chevs of the 40's does not sell the pipes to go with the headers.

Thanks!

2. belair

belair

I went to a local muffler shop.

mgtstumpy and X38 like this.
  3. I would just modify the stock pipes, unless you are going dual. That might be a job for the muffler shop.

4. A box of bends and a welder is what I ended up doing?

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Sometimes I wonder how people built cars before the Internet existed :rolleyes:

R A Wrench, belair, blowby and 4 others like this.
  6. I built my own.

Steering gear w- column.jpg

mgtstumpy likes this.
  7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I had a muffler shop do them for both sides for my SBC as well as the rest of the system, similar set up to that with vertical outlets not canted. 20150628_160800.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  8. Bullet Bird

Bullet Bird

Dan Fast in Bellevue or Lynnwood will whip you up a custom setup of your choosing. They have had good prices in the past, betting those prices have gone up lately as with everything else.
    https://danfastmufflerandbrake.com/

If you're in Seattle, Muffler Shoppe is awesome. This guy is 2nd generation small shop owner who took over from his old man. He'll custom build you whatever you like and has some ideas/experience to help you get the sound you're looking for.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-muffler-shoppe-seattle

9. Bullet Bird

Bullet Bird

Muffler Shoppe did a custom divorced pipe setup with glass packs, mandrel bends and hidden pipes ending pointing at a specific angle downward before the rear bumper so it wouldn't scrape on anything and also give maximum volume.

Cash is king.

Attached Files:

• Bird.jpg
      Bird.jpg
      File size:
      125.9 KB
      Views:
  10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those are smaller 2 bolt flanges u can get them at any exhaust parts supplier and a mufflers shop. I’ve bought u and j bends from Speedway in different diameters and lengths of straight exhaust pipe and mufflers. Big project for a lot of guy without good welding skills. I torch mine. You really need a lift and the front clip off to make it easier. The last one my son and I flat towed the car to a muffler shop. 9743209E-F2B3-4AAD-A85A-C425F6435A8F.jpeg C6153DDA-6571-4E24-9EF2-D6B2B4E82F1F.jpeg

mgtstumpy likes this.