Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1939 ford coupe build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bartikus, Mar 11, 2020.

1. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very nice.. Thanks for sharing since were holed up here..

2. bartikus

bartikus

Haven't worked on the car in a month so here is a quick update video.

Sent from my SM-G975U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

simplestone and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmm, harness. I went 12V cuz I want sounds including an amp n sub. I chose an 8 circuit Rebel and couldn't be happier, but you want some natural coverings. I did too so I did this in strategic areas:
    IMG_20180120_151035702.jpg IMG_20180202_182211976.jpg
    I have more done than this but no detailed pics. It's that bumpy lacquered cloth over the new harness. I also chose a Powergen for 12V and close to OG looks. The Rebel Wire harness is a quality product, their support rocks, their price is friendly too. I believe they're an Alliance member too.
    My build if ya ain't seen it:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/39-standard-tudor-build-thread.985444/page-4

teach'm likes this.
  4. bartikus

bartikus

Nice car I looked though your build thread and you do amazing work. I've thought about a 12v conversion to the car but I'm ok with the 6v set up right now. My goal is to make sure the car is mechanically sound and safe to drive so I can get it on the road ASAP. Then I can come back in and start doing all the detail work and make it pretty. I don't need another car sitting in my garage for years. I already have two of those.

5. bartikus

bartikus

Quick update from over the weekend. I need to a compression test on the motor. I have two dead cylinders. Either there is a blown head gasket between the two or it has a couple of values that are stuck open. Either way I'll need to pull the head to see what is wrong. I'm going to get my new heads ready to install before I pull the head.

6. bartikus

bartikus

Picked up these vintage Navaro heads from a buddy a couple of days ago. I'm going to clean them up and give them a polish before I install them on the 39. I'm pretty stoked about them. 20200618_171751.jpeg