Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 34 Ford coupe front end toe in question for the alignment guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adam401, Jun 1, 2020.

1. adam401

adam401

Ive had my coupe together for a bit now and the front end feels light. I figured it would as its set to basically zero toe in. I was going to just keep toeing it in until it feels like it wants to track straight but not understeer in corners. Thats what I always do but figured this time id ask if there's anything I should do that I'm not thinking of.
    Specs
    -Undropped 34 axle with stock spring thats dearched
    -Stock frame
    -F100 steering box with push pull steering
    - 6.00-16 front tires. 7.50-16 rear bias plyes.

Thanks in advance

Edit: the car drives straight but has the feeling of constantly correcting the wheel if that makes sense. I guess I'm curious what kinda toe in numbers other cars are running and if there's a common starting point I could just skip to. Thanks again

2. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Maybe someone with more knowledge will weigh in but I set mine at 1/8th inch toe in after adjusting all my wheel bearings and rod ends. Mine differs only that I have a 4 inch dropped Super Bell. I still don't have mine dialed in like I want it, but I watched a video on here of somebody driving their 32 from inside the car. Their steering was about the same as mine. I sort of feel like there should be less correction as well. As far as I can tell, it is tracking well and does not pull to either side at 1/8th inch. Hope that helps.

Automotive Stud, trollst and adam401 like this.
  3. cad-lasalle

cad-lasalle
    from grafton nh

1/8th" toe in and 5-7 degrees caster has always worked for me on 32-4 Fords with dropped axle and F1 or F100 box and bias plys.

trollst, hemihotrod66 and adam401 like this.
  4. jaracer

jaracer

I would say 1/8 to 3/16 would be about right. Are you running a front sway bar?

adam401 likes this.

5. BJR

BJR

Adding caster makes them track better, but makes it steer harder when not moving.

adam401 likes this.
  6. adam401

adam401

I'm not running a sway bar or panhard bar. Thanks for the reply. And thanks to all who have replied.

7. If your happy with the overall condition of everything to do with the Axle and those components but still feel like your chasing the steering wheel itself my next move is to dial in the steering box itself next. Have you made sure it's well adjusted? Few actually go there. It's not that hard.

adam401 likes this.
  8. adam401

adam401

No I havent adjusted the box. I was actually about to dig out my motors manuals to see if they cover it. Thanks for the reply

lothiandon1940 likes this.