Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where are all of the OL Skool Photoshoppers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Plowboy

Plowboy

I rembember a time "back in the day" where there were all kinds of "Ol skool" photoshoppers posting about 5 different cars a day on here.

Anywho, if those guys are still out there doing it (Blake and Django come to mind) there is a new Illinois gayrod in the works and we could use some help on it.

Here is the vision, a Studebaker roadster like this one from a 1991 custom rodder, only not so Gay. I kind of like the fender bulges in the doors. It looks too fat in the ass in the illustration where they are behind the door.

American salt flat wheels on a dropped I beam that comes from just behind the grille openings.

Russ wants some nasty pipes to come through on the hood sides, maybe from the relocated wheel well openings.

The wheels in "super mock up mode" are in just about the right positions. These pictures suck so maybe someone has a good one they can photoshop.

This was a 4 door that has been shortened and narrowed. The doors are the back doors that will retain the suicide hinges.

This isn't my project, it is my buddy Russ's (The Cisco Kid). You may remember his '36 Terraplane 3 window that was at the pileup.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. You said Gay like it's a bad thing. *sniff*

Cisco should name it Studie-O 51 !

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

Here is a pic of a 4 door donor that may make for good chopping fodder.

[​IMG]

4. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

Is that the same terraplane that used to be 5 window or whatever? if so, this thing is gonna be SWEET!
    I will try to chop on the photos a little tonight.
    The stuff you guys are doing is super inspirational. someday...

5. Plowboy

Plowboy

Yep, that is the same one. Therefore, you know this thing is in capable hands and that you are not wasting your efforts on a "pipe dream" Ha Ha Ha

He was thinking of mounting the headlights behind the grille panels. I think the more "bullet like" you keep the front end the better it will look.

I look forward to the results! Thanks!

6. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I'm at work right now, but I will take a shot at this one.

You mind if I do a few freehand sketches as well?

7. Plowboy

Plowboy

This is fair game to whoever wants to put the effort into it. If you want to draw something up, that would be great too. We are too cheap to pay for it, but we always have beer at the shows! Ha Ha Ha

8. monsterflake

monsterflake

how's frizby's ponti-truck coming along? are you gonna be at cock-n-rods on sunday (the 23rd)? i've got a thing on satuurday, but sunday may be open...

9. builtbyme

builtbyme

Here's a rough one while at work...
    [​IMG]

10. The Cisco Kid

The Cisco Kid

Hey that looks pretty good for a quickie! The front wheels are going to be farther forward. The straight axle is going to be right behind those grilles under the bullet.

The bottom 4 inches are going to be gone as well so it won't look as tall and thick. I didn't keep the rocker panels from the donor car. They were rotten anyway.

I saw Heath's abortion truck the other day. It is getting there. It looks good really.

Aaron is going to be at the "cock and rods" all weekend. Come on up I am sure he would be glad to see you.

11. Oh hell yeah! That is gonna be way cool, Russ is the man and will have no problem pulling that off.

Keep us posted,.

12. Clark

Clark

Plowboy...you are amazing!! Seems you would have to seriously wedge cut it front to back.
    Clark

13. this is super quick and sloppy..

[​IMG]

I think a big thing is going to be finishing the bottom front where the axle comes out

14. The Cisco Kid

The Cisco Kid

Clark, Plowboy is a tool. This is MY car!

Nate, thanks a bunch, you have pretty much got it figured out!

Plowboy will post some real pics of it tomorrow as it is sitting now.

15. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

I just came from Russ's pad and this thing is off the hook. Wait till you see the pics. What's so amazing about it is that Russ did this in a weeks time, from nothing to this. The dude is a bad mother fucker. Russ is the type of hotrodder that doesn't give a shit what you think is cool, he does it his way, and his way is fast. Everything he does is fast, work, drive, and drink! can't wait to see this thing rolling. The fag truck is creeping along, alot of welding real slow!!

16. 38pickup

38pickup

I know this is not anywhere close to finalized its a first very rough sketch... if you would like i can do a better one that has cleaner lines, inked etc.

Attached Files:

17. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Make sure the wheels stick out past the grill, it just looks too damn front-heavy otherwise. I can live with a giant bullet in the front, but it needs to be set back a bit so it's not the first thing you notice. Like Barbara Streisand's nose.

18. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

A quick photoshop since I should be in bed right now.

Attached Files:

19. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

I'm not very good at Photoshop, but here's my attempt...

Attached Files:

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

John, the wheels are going to be a bit behind the cone to keep that bullet effect.

The 51 nose cone is for mock up only. He has a good 50 cone that will go on here.

I'd hit Miss Piggy.

Thanks for the efforts everyone!

Attached Files:

21. Squablow

Squablow

The mock-ups look good. This'll be the wave of the future, cutting down later model cars to make early roadster sized rods. Look at all the 40's and 50's truck cab based rods that are already out there.

And who wouldn't nail Ms. Piggy? Now squeal like a pig for me! Weeeee Weeeee WEEEEEE

22. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm with Paris on this one. That's hot.

23. gilty

gilty
    from Pacific NW

quick 30 min stab at it to warm up this morning.
    Started on the body, ran outta time for the tires.
    Gonna be a cool one (the car, not so much the sketch...)

Attached Files:

24. monsterflake

monsterflake

check out gilty, comin' outta nowhere with a fine effort!

25. Nice work gilty.

Nate, you gonna take that sitting down?

26. Zumo

Zumo

Hmm. This is an interesting project. I think I may be able to pull something off but it depends on the photos I can find. I try to use real photos on all my chops to give it that "real" effect. I am vacationing right now In Baton Rouge at a Little League World Series http://www.natchitochesusssa.com/

Anyway I'll see what I can do.

27. yes... yes i am.

28. I may work on this again.. i'm really not happy with my sketch... but man.. I'm busy (pimpin aint easy)

29. gilty

gilty
    from Pacific NW

Thanks monsterflake and Big A - but all I did was trace the photo, Nate generated a sweet original!