Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Desktop Dynos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rex_A_Lott, May 30, 2020.

1. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I wanted to see if I could get a recommendation from anybody for any engine simulation programs that you are currently using.
    With all this shelter-at-home crap that's happening, I find myself with time on my hands that I ought to be putting to good use. I quit watching TV years ago.
    I had a program called Engine Analyzer that I used to use to compare different combinations, but that was 15 years ago, I m sure there are other options out there now.
    What are you using and how do you like it?

2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

I have Dynomation 6, sold by Comp Cams.
    It's pretty accurate for an under $10,000 program. It's updated all the time, has been for years. But...it's also pretty intensive, you need a LOT of information.

And it's just as they say about computer programs...garbage in, garbage out. If you put in information that isn't accurate, the programs output will either tell you so, or give back erroneous answers.
    So, like using bad cam information, or not enough information, no answer is given.

It's NOT a ten minute toy, it takes some time to enter all the required info. But, as I said, it is fairly accurate.

Mike

Rex_A_Lott likes this.
  3. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Thanks for the info, and your take on it.

4. sunbeam

sunbeam

I have a desktop dyno 5 but is not to HAMB friendly on engine choices no early Cad,Chevy W motors or inline 6s or Ford Y blocks or Chry inline 6s

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

sunbeam -

Um...yea...it is. It's up to YOU to put in the engine parameters, and the program will spit out the final info. This program will work with ANY...engine combination.
    Well, maybe if you got a trial version of the program, maybe not.
    Plus, if you have a licensed copy of version 5, you should have gotten, some time back, an e-mail notice to "upgrade" to version "6"...for free..!

Mike

6. Warpspeed

Warpspeed

Rex_A_Lott likes this.
  7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have one of these, but I guess that is not what you are talking about!!!

Just Gary and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  8. ERguitar

ERguitar

That's pretty cool!