Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods LustreKote

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28 Ford PU, May 30, 2020.

1. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Has anyone tried LustreKote paint? It’s a RC Hobby hobby paint that clearly claims its Fuel Proof, not fuel resistant.

Doesn’t seem to be easily available. I called a few local hobby shops and they never heard of it.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 5window

5window

Amazon and most places I looked have it listed as unavailable with no idea of when it will be back, This place lists it, but ??? http://www.hobbylinc.com/prods/sw_top.htm says they're online retail only.

Ooops, nope, says all colors are discontinued, no longer available. I think unless you've got a source for sure, you're screwed. Why do you need a model paint that will withstand years of nitrous exposure anyway? Just curious. Good luck.

3. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Just looking for fuel (gasoline) proof paint.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Ericnova72

Ericnova72
    from Michigan

I'm not sure it would be gasoline proof....the listing "fuel proof" in regards to RC planes and such is that it is fuel proof for their fuel, which is methanol alcohol with some 2 stroke oils, and sometimes a little nitromethane mixed in for extra pop.

5. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Single spray can was close to 25 bucks when it was available.