Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Shop Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE-SYNDICATE, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? lol

2. Murch

Murch

Just spent a good amount of time reading this whole thread, great work, turned out awesome, and the hand print idea super cool, keep enjoying it! Murch.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Rob,
    C'mon man you're killing me here! What the HELL is going on with your truck? Are you even driving it after ALL that work?

4. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Sorry Dan!!!

Been too busy to deal with anything lately... Haven't even checked in on the HAMB for what seems months. Busy crushing grapes right now but thankfully that's about done and I can get back to other shit like mess'n with the truck and getting the Dragster Finished. That's a major goal for this year and I need to get crack'n on it.

More news soon,

RM

5. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Well......OhhhhKaaay! lol.

I know you're busy. I just like the hell outta your truck and could use some new inspiration. I guess I'm wondering why you don't use the truck as your daily driver, and since you're not (apparently) what ARE you driving daily? Hard to imagine its cooler than the truck would be.

6. Red Foreman

Red Foreman

Hey Dan fancy seeing you here, I see Dubie dropped in as well, I've followed this thread since the start. This is by far one of the coolest traditionally built trucks I've seen so far, love it!!

7. LordDevlin

LordDevlin

I realize that this thread has been quiet for a while except for a comment just recently, but as I stated before I would be back once I was working on my truck. Well I received it late this summer and it was a mess, so it wasnt on the road and of course with winter here, its been in the garage getting worked on hard.... That being said, the big thing that jumped out from this thread for me was the lowering as I am looking for idea using springs and dropped axle. I have ordered all the parts from Sid (3" drop) but still need to decide on the springs. I still want the reliability and usability for loads of the leaf springs I think, and will probably do the same as you up front. What I am wondering though is the rear... so do you only have 3" dropped posie leaf springs back there? Seems a bit lower than what I would expect..

some insight on your rear (of the truck) would be appreciated.... did you ever get lowering shackles?

Thanks.

8. pzary3233

pzary3233

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Any awesome build thread should live on! I sat down and read the whole thing this weekend in anticipation of building my own truck. Did you use the CPP kit with 11" 2nd gen Camaro brakes? What master Cyl did you end up going with? I wasn't sure if you ended up with a 1st gen Camaro manual brake master cyl.

9. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

[​IMG]

59chev, PONTNAK123, OahuEli and 6 others like this.
  11. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Just a few updates...

[​IMG]

12. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Finally a proper vintage battery as well.

[​IMG]

13. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

This an awesome truck and I loved following your build back then. THANKS for the updates! Truck looks great! I love the "theme". I really like the switch over to the 5 spokes and black sidewalls. What size are they? Stance is still great.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Recent tonneau cover by none other than Mr. Sid Shavers as well. Really finishes off the little truck.

Attached Files:

jnaki, TomT and 123pugsy like this.
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm surprised it doesn't bring more than that amount. That is a nice truck, I have always liked them. They look angry and tough. Maybe you should run it through Ryans auction.

THE-SYNDICATE likes this.
  16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Buying and selling are what the classifieds are for.....

17. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE