Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hemi Power!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, May 29, 2020.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Hemi Power!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-5-29_7-31-5.png
    Hello,
    Nice photos from the “Hemi” car show. It is nice that they allow drag racing’s best era to participate with the recreations of those top racers from back then. The Magicar has quite a drag race history. But, each time it fires up at any of the recent Cacklefests or Nitro Nights in So Cal, everyone is in for a treat.
    upload_2020-5-29_7-31-46.png from the beginning...
    The history has shown itself for lucky So Cal drag racing supporters. The Magicar has been in most of the Nitro gatherings and the fire up for the next few minutes is something to behold. I am sure the Pomona Fairplex Auditorium would have made it sound even better.

The history is well documented on the WDIFL site and is a fun read.

Jnaki

The latest film from 2019 at the original Lions Dragstrip Museum Grand Opening had two Cacklefests, one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. This one is from the late afternoon. It is still a hot So Cal summer day and to be able to see some flames coming out of the "Zoomies" in the daytime, is pretty cool. There must be a huge mixture of nitro being burned on the fire up. Turn it up for some real Hemi sound.

2019 The afternoon nitro in the air.

The one thing that most will not get is the instant smell of burned fuel and how quickly the fuel gets to the nose.. It will make anyone’s eyes water and the smell of the burning fuel is one for the books. That is what is missing from my sound films.

I was trying my best to showcase the various colors that would show the flames burning out of the Zoomies. In the daylight, no less.

Originally built by Kent Fuller and currently owned by So Cal’s Bill Pitts.

BrerHair, Ron Funkhouser and J.Ukrop like this.
  3. 392

Even in stock form they are sweet. They changed the scene back in day and attending a reunion sure brings back memories. Pavement pounders no doubt.

4. Jim Hassad

Jim Hassad

When I track raced our family's 241" Dodge powered roadster, with open headers, spectators would comment after a session that they could hear it above all the V-12 and flat head powered cars coming down the front straightaway.
    Lots of fun times at Laguna Seca.

.jpg
    Roadster entering the Corkscrew.jpg

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Big or small.....I love them all. 9B377707-1D8A-4972-8F0B-338633CB6B8B.jpg

6. George

George

You can get hem overload at G arlit's Museum!

7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

greek-Edit.jpg GBP (1)-Edit.jpg Between '64-'68, I was able to attend a dozen national and semi-national drag championships from coast to coast; my main passion being top fuel, AA/FD. Every time I see a photo of a top fuel dragster, I relive the feeling and sound I felt every time one of the Hemi's fired up! Nothing like it. Photos show a typical Saturday afternoon qualifying session at Lions.

8. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

There is nothing like the valve covers on an ole Hemi....