Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HERSHEY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodiewagon46, May 28, 2020.

1. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I just received an E-Mail from the A.A.C.A. informing us that the 2020 HERSHEY is cancelled. My run of 52 straight years or attending will officially be over. I'm sick!

2. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

If they don’t have it your streak isn’t interrupted. I had hoped to make it two in a row this year

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1934coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Sorry, my streak of none in a row will survive another year.

Phil

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Here's the official statement
    upload_2020-5-28_21-13-24.png

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

I saw this coming last week. when I got a e-mail survey about the Fall Meet. Its too bad, and will most likely hurt the event in the coming years. I will keep my spaces at least another year. OAD 1 & 2

6. pkhammer

pkhammer

I am sure it was a tough decision and I do not envy the folks that had to make it. This is a swap meet I plan for all year long. I do find it odd that Hershey, 4 1/2 months from now is cancelled and Carlisle is still on (as of now) 2 1/2 weeks from now.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Last year was 50 in a row for me, it has been a big part of my life and I'll miss seeing friends I only see once a year. I think the owners of Hershey Park had a big effect on the decision, it is their property that the meet is held on. Class action law suits will be filed at every company with any money left once this thing is over.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Multiple posts deleted... Fellas, we don't do politics here... and further, misinformation will get your account closed.

More than all that though, it's not hard to be decent to other people - even if they share a different opinion than your own.

Jalopy Joker, Squablow and The37Kid like this.
  9. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Carlisle has NOT cancelled their Spring event and auction that is planned for June 17-20. Having said that, realize this is a very fluid situation and the Governor if PA gets the last say. NTL, I think it’s reasonable to support the events that work hard to provide a safe and enjoyable venue for our entertainment. And if we have to wear a mask and practice social distance at a swap meet- we are all adults and we can handle it.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Jalopy Joker likes this.