Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thirties era T roadster - Take 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Stokes, May 18, 2017.

1. OFT

OFT

Really like how your project is moving along. Nice idea's using both T and A parts!

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Greg Stokes like this.
  2. Getting ready to make the rear part of the body which the turtledeck sits on so pushed it all outside again for a better look....

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1395.JPG

Also the chore of steeling out the body begins cos I’m hopeless with wood!!!

IMG_1457.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    oliver westlund, Tim, alfin32 and 9 others like this.
  3. Good to get the steel framing completed this weekend and ready for the body panels to be hung back on for the final time

IMG_1633.JPG IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1639.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG

4. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

5. Adjustments.JPG

Not a lot to report other than rendering this pic (I don’t do photoshop) to get an idea of proportions etc

Been busy with customers cars since the four week country lock down has been in place

Outback, Tim, murf 32 and 4 others like this.
  6. I wasn’t overly happy with proportions so I shortened the chassis a little and pulled the engine and drivetrain forward.

Happy now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alfin32, Tim, brEad and 13 others like this.
  7. Would you mind sharing who? Cut the frame, changed mounting of axles?

8. Kume

Kume

You seem to be missing a steering box Greg.
    Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Outback likes this.
  9. It’s on the other side mate

Steve Ray and Stogy like this.
  10. I had lengthened the frame when I kicked up the rear so I shortened it back to stock length

Stogy, Tim, Dannerr and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kume

Kume

Why?
    Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Was good to get the turtledeck lower panel made up and fit the taillight too

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

Next up is to finish all the behind the scenes work on the body then final assembly and paint

oliver westlund, alfin32, Tim and 6 others like this.
  13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

14. Bit more progress getting the body on to the steel frame work and doing the door frame work mounting the latch and striker plate....

.... I can see why guys weld the door shut!

IMG_2829.JPG IMG_2828.JPG IMG_2827.JPG

Got the turtledeck blasted and etch primed. And it’s time to get that properly mounted.

IMG_2786.JPG

15. OFT

OFT

Looking real Good!!

Greg Stokes and Stogy like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just enough room for the side airbags...:D...Yes simplistic construction comes to mind... @Greg Stokes your onto a real awesome throwback to past excellence...thanks for sharing...

Outback and Greg Stokes like this.
  17. Thank you

Stogy likes this.
  18. Thanks I appreciate your kind words

Stogy likes this.
  19. Was pretty cool to make Hop Up’s Top 25 in their virtual car show on Instagram

IMG_3020.JPG

Hitchhiker, Outback, alfin32 and 10 others like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'T'eriffic Milestone @Greg Stokes Congrats and the Wind will soon be Whistling through the windshield

Greg Stokes likes this.
  21. Not sure how Covid 19 has affected you all but my shop has been busy so progress has slowed on my T but I moved it around on the weekend and snapped these pics

IMG_3524.JPG

The motor is almost back together to fit into the car but I still have lots of things to finish.

IMG_3523.JPG

Still working out how much to chop the screen too.

IMG_3525.JPG

Hoping to get back onto it and get it going in time for our summer here in New Zealand

22. On Christmas Eve I had 10 days to get this thing running for the Jalopy Dust Up at Waihi Beach yesterday.

It’s an all steel 1922 Model T Ford roadster on a T chassis with lowered T front end and a Model A engine and gear box and diff on Model A 21” wheels.

Due to the workload at GMS Hot Rods I hadn’t had a chance to work on my own projects so the chassis and body were together but no floor or seats or gas tank mounted etc.

Dad built the Model A engine after picking the best one from my stash and then fitting the parts I had rounded up - Brierley cam, adj lifters, Lion Speed head etc.

Thankful the event was postponed to give me an “extra” day so Tania and I could do the seats and then she got the paint brushes out and brush painted it.

It was a blast yesterday sharing the driving with Dad - it goes well - good fun with cars - and also sharing the fun with my Dad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=...yPECFl3BNddFGk&v=G4qcxAkZgLI&feature=youtu.be

Here’s the first episode of the new Muscle Garage which features my T roadster at the Jalopy Dust Up. That segment is around 6.10

Thanks Cal Thorley for the awesome footage, Noddy Watts and crew for the day, Mark Stokes, Tania Foster and others for input completing the T. Good to hear Mike Currie too

[​IMG]

This shot was taken at the Scroungers Hot Rod Blow Out

Outback, Squablow, alfin32 and 11 others like this.
  24. Some random photos of fun with the T. Jalopy Dust Up was back in January B1F18D51-DD20-4E98-B042-67BBA3B0929E.jpeg 064FBF56-597A-4F05-976D-6A4923B9B495.jpeg EC31D1CC-FEF4-4ADD-94DC-983DB2FC0991.jpeg 64003431-4467-4DC7-A9ED-C8FDE61C49C4.jpeg F883B24B-61BE-4508-B31C-42137AC0E91D.jpeg 657F1F4C-A680-4B3A-854C-CF29066B4FFC.jpeg 9BC56A51-AC59-4F73-92A5-FBE4E96C3C9A.jpeg 9BF984F2-B1D0-4857-B9E0-AEA4F8C12071.jpeg and then because its A powered i could take it to Model A Day

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great @Greg Stokes, and a helluva lot of fun...did you manage to retrieve your hub cap?...I saw it fall off on a corner...your suspension was really getting a workout...that was rough stuff...why isn't there car events held on paved tracks...

I like you swap out the rad caps and you have some classics at that...well another milestone and great test for shakedown...;)

Greg Stokes likes this.
  26. yep got the hub cap back.

that dirt track is just a low key fun deal

cfmvw and Stogy like this.
  27. A Boner

A Boner

Fantastic T!

Greg Stokes and Stogy like this.
  28. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

great job man... Really Dig it.

Stogy and Greg Stokes like this.
  29. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man that turned out killer!

@Austin kays youd dig this thread :)

30. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Late to the party, but what a grouse lil hot rod!
    I saw pics elsewhere & went looking for a thread!