Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods From Tempest to Model A?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zettle Bros., Apr 28, 2020.

1. pitman

pitman

An A coupe or sedan is a reasonable closed car. Add a heater & run it till the snow comes. Wind-wings a good accessory when you're on the hiway. I put 100k on my '31 coupe. Great fun.

Zettle Bros. likes this.
  2. bobscogin

bobscogin

Keep the Tempest. Build a Model A if you want one.

Bob

Zettle Bros. likes this.
  3. wvenfield

wvenfield

Dang, you already have a cool T to build.

4. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Didn't know you still had the Malibu Sam. Your probably right about the car being gone by the time I sold the Tempest. I should have waited on buying a car last year. That A was for sale last year and then snagged up. I didn't know it would be back for sale so fast or I would have waited for it.

5. ...kinda makes you wonder why it's back up for sale,..is the guy selling it to make a few bucks or?...suggest you drive one of these a bit to see if you really want one.

Zettle Bros. likes this.
  6. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

True, very true. This is the same sedan that you seen at the Iron Invasion a few years back.

7. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

116793097_969598756823856_1749178573930541648_n.jpg 275123207_10221539140968792_7032310403626888225_n.jpg
    Tripped over this post so I thought I would update you guys and gals. I still have the Tempest, Haven't drove it as much as I probably should. I did get a chance to drive a Model A coupe this summer which is in the pic. It was a cool car but you guys are right, there is not much room in a chopped and channeled car. It was a thrill of a life time but I think if I am to get into a hot rod it will have to be a '32-'34. A Little more room for my long legs.

8. chopt31

chopt31

try to find a GTO hood, get some torq thrust wheels, throw on a tri power and drive it!

9. It depends on your intended use and family participation. I drive my '51 whenever I can, and I enjoy the hell out of it. But.... I enjoy it much more when my wife and I take it out together. If we had small kids I'd be wanting to take them along as well. Along with wives and kids comes "stuff", and to plagiarize George Carlin: "Your car is just a smaller version of your house" so plan accordingly. I'd stick with the Tempest. It ain't a belly button car, you won't be seeing many in your travels. JMHO

Hombre, SS327 and Zettle Bros. like this.
  10. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

@Zettle Bros. Mike plenty of room in a model A coupe with no channel and small chop . I had the opportunity to buy a 1932 5w that was channeled 6 inches and chopped 4 1/2 inches and with old mustang buckets for seats. It was a wicked cool car 283ci with a 471 blower and was in hotrod magazine. I tried for a hour to fit into it and even with the seats out I just couldn’t fit. My buddy tried as well and is 3 inches shorter and still had issues getting in and forget about looking out or using the clutch lol. We passed on it and when we decided it was cool enough to unchannel it owners decided to keep it oh poo.
    The 32 isn’t larger then the model a in the interior but in the hood and engine area. You have to go to the 33-34 to get a bit larger length.
    Did you have any luck with the 150 33-34 cars on that auction? The Tempest looks awesome and great to hear you still have it.

Hombre and Zettle Bros. like this.
  11. v8flat44

v8flat44

Tempest 4 me....!!!

SS327 and Zettle Bros. like this.
  12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Problem is, now days there are more GTO's out there than there was ever built. Tempest are starting to become more rare than a GTO
    No luck on the action John. I guess I gotta keep fishing.

Hombre and '28phonebooth like this.
  13. jimpopper

jimpopper

I have 6 vehicles in my stable plus two motorcycles. They all have different characteristics and purposes. I wish I had time and money to enjoy them more.

Zettle Bros. likes this.