Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

upload_2020-5-28_20-21-23.png
    Dont have to like it, just doin some messin around with photo shop as my skills are very limited.
    I think something like this might look cool, with painted red drums behind the cragars and your business logo maybe, in red,black and white in the side panel? .....Even Plum Crazy Purple with red accents and Cragars wouldnt be bad to me.....just throwin out some thoughts on "your car" ,carry on:cool:

4. Thanks man ;) I'm pretty hooked on white i think, but when the time comes you never know what will happen. I'd be happy with primer, but the ol lady says i should paint this one :rolleyes: she is a fan of blue, but i don't want any color that wasn't available in the 60's, she's wanting one of these new car colors and i don't think they go with the way i want the car to look. Moose did a photoshop for me, I'm thinking white with some red & blue pinstriping, but like i said, when it comes time to go get paint, i might lose my mind :D white.jpg

5. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

20200219_102936[2761].jpg 20200219_102936[2761].jpg
    20200219_102936[2761].jpg

6. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Sometimes Nozzle man, how about a way back ? Think dark over light . Dark Blue roof over white with Lettering
    Hot Damn

7. Hell I'll be doing good to make it white this year lmao!

loudbang likes this.
  8. That was my stripper name back in the day ;)

Gangrene and loudbang like this.
  9. You ain’t right brotha!

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I was thinking white is gonna be boring but after seeing the photoshop I dig it. Some narrow white walls to tie it all in wouldn't be a bad look either.

Sent from my SM-A205U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Man, that delivery is looking really cool. White is a great choice. I'll be watchin'....

loudbang likes this.
  12. Thanks man :D Come help!

Barn Hunter and loudbang like this.
  13. Anybody seen Dinah?? Cause I've been working on the railroad, all the live long day!!! :D 20200530_121408.jpg

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  14. loudbang

loudbang

White with Ramcharger stripes on the roof like this one in the far lane. :)

[​IMG]

15. I love that car :D If mine had the ass to back up the look I'd copy it ;)

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Got that right! I agonized over every color in the spectrum, finally gave up and decided on white, with two tone potential later. Then, there's 100 shades of white! I finally just got 'fleet white', whatever that is. Looks good enough for me.

Do you have any side mouldings? I like just the straight quarter molding above. It'd be neat to see what the other '57 mouldings would look like too.

17. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

I do like to sand.....but 9 1/2 hours from here to there. Yikes!

loudbang likes this.
  18. I have a bunch of chrome that came with the car, but I've never looked through it lol. I believe it's all there. But somebody done welded up the holes! Guess i could drill em back out lol.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Yep, you've lost your dang mind :D

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

White exterior, white interior is way too much white. There needs to be some contrast. The pictures posted by nwbhotrod of black deliveries with blackwall tires and dog dish caps look bad ass.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    scotty t likes this.
  21. Thank you

22. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I like the blue and white combo. Blue on the bottom, white on top to tie in with the white interior. The Cragars will stand out against a blue background....

23. I'm gonna go through my front suspension, speedway has a control arm rebuild kit, bushings, ball joints, and fasteners, for $169. It's made by Elgin, anybody ever used these?

loudbang likes this.
  24. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like a good price but I'd be questioning the quality of the balljoint's. Most anywhere else, you'd be paying that much or more, just for the balljoint's. Just my 2 cent's worth, but normally it's worth WAAAAAY less than that! LOL! ;)

loudbang likes this.
  25. O'Reilly's list the lower balljoints around $80 each, they're moog. But the uppers are only $13 o_O I don't get it Big Dan? Oh well. So i owe you 2 cents? Or is it less? Interest? :D:p

26. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's called Reverse Inflation... by the time it's all over, I'll probably owe you 20 bucks! No interest, just Negative Cashflow on my part! LMAO! :D Check out Rock Auto, same brand's, just cheaper. ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2020