Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

38 caddy custom

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by my47buicksuper, May 24, 2020.

1. my47buicksuper

my47buicksuper
    from sunny fl.

City: Palm Bay

State: Florida
    Price: $8000
    Hey guys I regretfully post my caddy up for sale ! Its a 1938 caddy I got it and it was 100% un touched this car is 99.8% rust free there is one small spot on the lower section of the dog leg that is right about a body mount no bigger then a nickel! That is why I bought this car ! I figured with no rust repair I could have fun with the mods . So I dug into the car pulled the old flat head v 8 out and donated it to a guy doing a resto on a 39 trans is gone too!
    So I have a low miles 305 Chevy motor under 60k I resealed it as it was sitting everything looked great inside ! I also picked up a rebuilt 700r4 with about 200 miles (car got t boned) I then found a 66 LeMans rear end for the car (old rear is still here and under car)
    I have a drive shaft from a Camaro that fits the 700r4 could use if it gets cut down .
    I also got air ride parts for the car new bags lines and compressor good used tank and valves .
    I also got a nice set of ladder bars to get the rear ready for air ride .
    So that brings use to the fun bit!
    I chopped the roof 3" I've shortened the body by 3"
    The taken 10" out of rear doors added 7 of those inch's to the fronts . I've sealed the rear doors(what's left of them off to turn this beast into a two door (this is all done on the driver's side only so far)
    I also started setting the driver's door up with the suicide hinge kit .I may have bought door poppers I can't quite remember so don't expect them but that's what I was going for .
    And I also bought the 60's caddy tail lights (brand new repops)
    There's also a bad ass knife I picked up at a swap meet I was going to make a new hood ornament with it .alot of the cut stuff is welded back up but some is just tacked as I was pulled off project and haven't been back on it since (new born baby) I also got a 1950's Chevy split bench seat that fits extremely well !
    This is a huge project but someone with more time then me could make a sweet ride !
    This caddy has the fender mounted spares too !
    So I'll put the pictures up when I got it and during the cut and weld and the photo chop as you guys called it (thanks to a few guys on here) the photo chop shows what I wanted to out come to be!
    Ask questions email is best to get me
    Bb 68 charger at g mail

Again I hate to sell this car because I was making something for me but my family needs to come first .

Attached Files:

catdad49 likes this.
  2. my47buicksuper

my47buicksuper
    from sunny fl.

I forgotten to add I have $600 worth of painting stuff for this hot rod black!
    I can help get this shipped over seas also
    Not sure if I mentioned I do have a title for this car!!!

3. my47buicksuper

my47buicksuper
    from sunny fl.

$7500!!!!
    I really need the room guys someone somewhere wants this car ! I will be interested in a trade for a running driving project ! Especially a 66-74 Dodge charger prefer 1973