Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Posie Springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Road Angels, May 21, 2020.

1. Road Angels

Road Angels

Took delivery on a new front leaf with reverse eye...spring was full of slag and needed to be taken apart and sanded were the sliders are...no big deal...so I painted it got it mounted...went to install the bushing and they would not go in all the way pull them out the bores are clean... tried different bushing same thing...turns out all the top springs are 1-3/4 the bottom is almost a 1/8 narrower than the rest...I do not get it...looks like some thing from china is stuffed in there...I am trying to work some thing out with speedway...so I do not have to eat this...or end up doing a mickey mouse shim job..springs that I have gotten in the past that where Posies where real nice. if it has a Helix lower leaf stuffed in there I do not want it

2. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Ordered a Posie spring to use a 37 axle with spring on top. Fit and finish where perfect. I ordered direct from Posie and not sure why anyone would order a Posie spring from a middleman.

Jim Bouchard likes this.
  3. Road Angels

Road Angels

Had a store credit...last one I order direct...I am thinking this is a knock off...some one may have bought one from speedway then swapped it out and returned...I have gotten more junk from them....broken damaged parts..hence the credit...I started buying from P&J's...and SoCal..but needed to use the credit...this was not cheap $179.00...I am thinking I am about done with cars and may go back to building Motorcycles...just so much junk out there and time wasted trying to get good parts...takes the fun out of it...this was also for a spring over conversion on a 37 axle

4. low down A

low down A

it's funny that you mention that your done with cars and go back to building motorcycles, because a couple month's ago i quit building antique motorcycles because of overpriced junk and went back to building cars with overpriced junk

Hnstray, 41rodderz, 2935ford and 2 others like this.

5. Road Angels

Road Angels

My collection of british bike stuff is so large I rarely ever had to buy from outside sources...but I know what you mean...I would prefer to restore an old part way before buying a knock off even if it cost more` to do so

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I doubt if your spring was originally from Posies. I've used 100's of Posie springs on customer chassis and the problems have been very minimal. Certainly fit and finish was not a problem.

7. Road Angels

Road Angels

Have been on the web trying to find some one who can make a new lower leaf spring...not much success so far...I questioned whether or not it was a posie spring...that has been resolved by me going into my tool box and finding half the label with the part # still on the blade of my scraper...these are really stuck on so it was not removed and transferred...I could not remember taking it off since a month passed by before getting around to painting it..I still have my fingers crossed that I can find a way out...with out spending a ton of money...I guess made in the USA does not mean much any more...lesson learned check parts asap...and return right away...my bad

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

Did you try contacting Posie's direct to see if they would help. If you have half their label it might help???????????????

9. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

There is a very old, old school spring shop in joplin Missouri that have built many springs for our shop thru the years but I don't know how far back they go.

I know at one time they did some old mustang springs for us. High quality and a phone call doesn't cost anything.

Its Joplin Auto Spring company but I don't have a number for them here.

10. I know Posie-Dutch as we call him, have never had problem with parts, however I live 4 miles from his shop and get my stuff there.

11. 2935ford

2935ford

Yup, go directly to Posie.

mad mikey likes this.
  12. Road Angels

Road Angels

Thanks guy's I tried contacting them...by email no response...with the whole cvd-19 crap they may not be there or short on staff...but I know what will happen with them.. pay to ship back and pay for a reshipment...about $100 bucks round trip...I will check with the the place in Missouri...custom made may be worth the money in the long run...I did get a response from a place but they want me to ship the whole spring to them and would not even give me a rough idea how much till they have the spring...like that is going to happen...there was a place in Oregon but they moved and never set there ovens back up so they where a wash...right now I am looking for the vasoline because my ass is getting sore...I am sure I did not sell of my CE axle yet it may have to go back under it

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

Not what you what you want to hear but maybe it might be best to cut your losses and start over. The last main leaf I had made was over 100.00 plus the trip to the spring shop (100 miles) Might try another spring. Pete& Jake's stock the 30 inch spring for the CE axle and the 29 inch spring for their narrower axle.

14. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Call them you will find they stand behind their products and are very good to deal with.

15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

I had a problem with a couple springs loosing their arch and settling out and Posie replaced them both no problem. Just junked the bad springs. Give them a call.

mad mikey likes this.
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Have you called speedway yet? You keep saying “you know what will happen” but they’ve never been anything but outstanding in returning or exchanging things for me or anyone else I’ve ever heard from? Did you call them?

mad mikey and Hnstray like this.