Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ***Finally Got a real Hotrod! The "666" Coupe!***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 26, 2020.

1. The first time I saw the Coupe, it belonged to my friend Conrad(Mr.Bomba). Think it was at Mooneyes but this pic is the first photo I took at Ink n Iron. I wanted to buy it right then and there. I was in love!! Now, this was before I had seen any of the Rolling Bones cars so the only two cars I had to use as a base were Robert Lomas's Coupe and Vern Hammons Ink n Iron 2013 146.jpg Ink n Iron 2013 148.jpg . So, i waited about 9yrs and Conrad finally decided to sell it to me...
    Here's the stats on the car, that I know;
    33 with 34 front
    stroked 283
    M21 Muncie trans
    Quick-change rear end
    40 Ford brakes
    chopped(don't know how much yet)
    channeled about 5"
    Built by Sinister Hotrods, Ohio, by Jerry "Porkchop" Walker around 2000.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Deadbird, mgtstumpy, Jet96 and 68 others like this.
  2. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

3. thumbnail (3).jpg
    This is me picking it up at Conrads friends place.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  4. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Bitchin car!

Thor1, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.

5. 33-34 Fords 003.jpg At it's new home...

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That car is cool as hell.

-Abone.

7. 33-34 Fords 030.jpg First...new shifter. Had to modify it to clear the steering wheel. Had to pie-cut it to move it forward about 5".

8. 33-34 Fords 020.jpg Then...seatbelts.

9. 33-34 Fords 025.jpg Grill was a mess so i painted it red, for now...and added side mirrors.

10. 33-34 Fords 049.jpg 33-34 Fords 049.jpg 33-34 Fords 050.jpg Next...new wheels & tires, Moon Discs, and tinted the windows red...

Jet96, alfin32, TheSteamDoc and 17 others like this.
  11. 33-34 Fords.jpg Had to get some new taillights, cause they were original messed up. Moved the license plate from under the car to the rear panel. Had the exhaust run out the back. Put my "BADDADZ" plates on it, well...because, haha

12. thumbnail (1).jpg How it looks right now. Cruised it up to Ventura on Sunday, for breakfast. 200Miles, round trip, no worries. Still trying to get used to the "Hotrod" ride! It's definately NOT as smooth as the Merc.

UNCLECHET, ffr1222k, alfin32 and 20 others like this.
  13. brady1929

brady1929

Cool hot rod.

Thor1, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  14. Left on the "TO DO" list;
    aluminum interior
    recover the seats
    aluminum panels in the trunk
    bigger gas tank
    move the battery
    install the dash i got from Royalshifter
    4duece manifold
    new grill(still undecided)
    different headlights
    new windshield frame
    collect all the stuff i need to put glass in the doors
    re-powdercoat the wires, cause i liked the way it looked when I got it. Opitions...

1947knuck, mad mikey, Thor1 and 8 others like this.
  15. belair

belair

As my daddy says, "It costs no more to go first class." Congratulations. I think these are the quintessential hot rod.

Ranchero59, mad mikey, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  16. Last edited: May 28, 2020
  17. Thanks. I drive alot and have been driving to work everyday before the virus deal. I'm hoping it makes it quieter inside after I panel the trunk. I'm gonna Dynamat as much as i can, cause it's pretty loud inside!

18. Killer car! I'm with ya on the wheels :D

19. I want to be able to change it up, now and then. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a spare set, in case of a flat or something.

1947knuck, mad mikey, Thor1 and 5 others like this.
  20. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Not my cup of tea personally, I am more of a 60's drag coupe with Halibrands on it and shiny paint kind of guy. But I am glad it is not a Rolling Bones wanna be. Their so call pantina / barn find finishes always looks fake to me . This old girl looks like she was once a nice Hot Rod from the late 40's / 50's and is now just showing her age gracefully. In other words I like it!!! Larry

21. I really like the way the Rolling Bones cars look, but it would be better if the patina was real. Kinda like wearing pre faded Levis, with holes, haha. I need to contact Porkchop and get the history on the car. I know it was built a long time ago. It was driven around unchopped with a built inline Chevy 6, for a while. It's not perfect, by any means. It has road rash, dings, etc, and I plan on leaving it that way. It's fun to drive, but LOUD!!!

1947knuck, mad mikey, Thor1 and 7 others like this.
  22. DSCN3929_zps231d55cd.jpg
    This pic will give you an idea how much it's channeled and how much the grill is cut down. Just compare the top of the wheels to the top of the grill.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  23. Nice coupe. I find it interesting how the electric fan almost disapears behind the silver grill, but stands out behind the red. How about showing off some engine and interior pictures?

1947knuck, dan31, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  24. This is the only pic of the interior I have right now. This was when I got it. Iv'e changed the wheel, shifter, pedals. I don't have any pic's of the engine. I'll get some current ones tomorrow. FYI- I hate the electric fan! It's coming off this weekend.
    DSCN3904_zps4df74747.jpg

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Is this Bob? ;)

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

Good score. If that is you in the photos you look like a pretty big guy so no interior clearance issues when you sit in it?

27. Road Angels

Road Angels

Why do we always end up with grey hair and white beards...before we get what we really want...I love it, 2 thumbs up

28. Glad i found this. Congrats, cool toy.

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats @Bad Bob...have fun with the Ole Noisy Hotrod...I was wondering if that grille was sectioned...and you quite well answered this...Now you have the best of both worlds...

30. Making it your own..cool Hot Rod.

Ranchero59, Thor1 and loudbang like this.