Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Real Rodders Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magfiend, May 25, 2020.

1. Magfiend

Magfiend

I just heard something about Real Rodders Wheels having gone under? Anyone know anything?

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is my surprised look.

I loved the wheels and Pat seemed to be a decent guy, but the last 5 years or so, you could not get a set actually delivered no matter how hard you tried.

The last few sets I have bought have come from American Rebel. Very nice, American made wheels shipped in a timely fashion.

-Abone.

MO_JUNK, Kan Kustom and partssaloon like this.
  3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yep what he said. I think more will follow unfortunately.

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speedway Motors has been stocking Real Rodders Wheels the last year or so. Not sure if they are still made in the US or not, but they seem to have a good supply of them. Hope everything worked out well for Pat.

-Abone.

5. That’s unfortunate, I speak with Pat from time to time. Our last conversation was a couple weeks ago. He did not mention closing. I’ve bought wheels from Pat and Eric for years and love my last set of Indy Mags.

deucemac likes this.
  6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Hopefully, it is only temporary? I had planned on using them on my A build.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lets hope he is at worse having a supply chain problem. The raw aluminum to cast the wheels may be in short suppl;y right now.
    If the casting or part of the machining is farmed out that may be an issue at the moment too.

8. rooman

rooman

The operation appears to be a little "shoestring" to me. If you want a wheel drilled in a pattern that is not part of their regular stock you get to pay for someone to deliver the wheels to Eric and then again to have them picked up after they are drilled. Not too hard to do with a mill equipped with a two axis DRO and that is not a big investment if you are "manufacturing" wheels.

Roo

9. If you know Eric, as nice a guy as he is, you know that's the weak link in the supply chain. "Timely" is not in Eric's vocabulary.

Weedburner 40 likes this.
  10. Fogger

Fogger

If you really know Eric you're aware that his main business after selling Real Wheels is repairing and modifying aluminum speciality wheels. I've know Eric since the mid '80s and a finer craftsman you won't find. He has told me that manufacturing wheels is dependent on outside suppliers, foundry, polisher, transportation, etc. I would think that he is in a better financial position with his current business. He supplied the wheels on my 3W in '85 and repaired them when my car was wrecked in '99. He's the go to guy for wheel repair and widening or narrowing. I don't understand why he is still considered to be a part of Real Rodders Wheels.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Spoke with Pat yesterday, Business is still open.

MO_JUNK, gnichols and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That,s god to hear. People have to understand that right now the whole supply and manufacturing process is pretty well non existent in some parts of the country. In some areas a small low profile locally operation might function but when it relies on larger higher profile suppliers there comes the issue.

13. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Lots of Aluminum up here in Canada but "somebody" down there doesn't want it!LoL

anothercarguy and Blue One like this.
  14. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

AMERICAN REBEL, great service and quality

15. FWIW, the website (realrodderswheels.biz) is down now and has been for a while.

16. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just got some American Rebel 15X5 and 15X10 polished sprints and the quality was excellent. I've owned Real Wheels when Eric Vaughn owned the company and Also Real Rodder's Wheels and I would say American Rebel quality is comparable

A Boner, Dean Lowe and kabinenroller like this.
  17. gnichols likes this.