Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A prices?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sprout, May 26, 2020.

1. Sprout

Sprout

Going to be selling this all as one lot. 2 frames, doors, fiberglass deck lid, coupster/roadster body, and a sedan body. How much should I ask for all of it?

Attached Files:

2. you will make more selling it off by piece or car. the more you pile together the less per piece you will sell it for.

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

Ask for it what you want for it.

XXL__ and ted kovacs like this.

5. pkhammer

pkhammer

I'd say the sum of your parts would be in the $2000-$3000 range if the frames, gas tanks, and those quarter panels are pretty solid.

Stogy and VANDENPLAS like this.
  6. Up here all those bits and pieces would be 2-3 grand asking price.

with a title much more.

sold off in bits and pieces , takes time but double that more or less.

Stogy, gimpyshotrods and hotrodjack33 like this.
  7. 17407992-0E34-4652-B89C-C4EC10DB6A7A.jpeg

ya beat me by a hair !!
    Lol

Stogy, pitman, Gasser 57 and 4 others like this.
  8. pkhammer

pkhammer

Great minds right?! And we didn't even consult one another! :D

Stogy and VANDENPLAS like this.
  9. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I would say $1500 tops...

Colonial Coupe likes this.
  10. low down A

low down A

member on the hamb sloppy jalopys would have those pieces turned into 2 or 3 complete cars in a couple day's time.

Stogy, brEad and tb33anda3rd like this.
  11. Colonial Coupe

Colonial Coupe

I've managed to buy up a couple of large lots of deccent A parts in the past year. There is to much there to throw away from what I can see. If someone was in need of the body parts like scrap metal 48 says 1500 tops. There's to much good stuff available out there that needs a lot less work reasonably priced. And has been said over and over it's cheaper to start with a decent car with a title. As a few have found out when they bring a banger home they are a lot of fun and they're plans change. What we're seeing at the moment is the market is a little strapped for cash thanks to the virus sent to us by our friends across the ocean.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here in upstate NY (where rust was invented) the asking price for that load would be $4-4500...and would probably eventually sell for $2-2500

thintin and VANDENPLAS like this.
  13. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’d side with Colonial Coupe. You have a lot of material, but lot of it is pretty rough. As a lot I thing $1500-2000 where I live. More of course if you have time to part it out.

14. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I'm in Kansas too and I'd say $1000 or so for all of it might do better selling pieces but take a while. Lots of parts but pretty rough, the cowl and doors on your sedan are for a Murry 4 door, frames are plentiful and worth $100 -$150 each.

15. agree on upstate ny and the rust deal......any surviving old iron always commands a high asking price up here( north of Syracuse).......Everyone thinks they have the best and only piece of rusty old crap in existence, therefore commanding the highest price in existence, and eventually selling for way less, or worse, keeping the same said piece of ancient tin, cause'.... " they're gonna fix it up real good someday". By the way, I got a 36 chevy truck hood for sale....it's got the side panels and is rusty and therefore worth way more than anywhere else......but if i don't sell it based on that I'm gonna keep it and fix it up real good ,someday......................half rant, based on geographical location, is now over!

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LMAO. Not so much a rant @thintin. Truer words were never spoken. More of a commentary on the hobby here in the northeast. :(

17. alchemy

alchemy

I think here in Iowa that's about $1,000 worth. I've seen my brother selling nicer Model A stuff at swap meets and it takes a while to find the buyers. Your stuff seems a bit bent and crusty in the pics, so I'd think it will be hard to sell all of it individually. List it for $1,500 and you'll have some wiggle room.

irishsteve likes this.
  18. fuzzface

fuzzface

If your main objective is get it all gone for the best price I would have a local auction co. sell it off separately. this way it is all gone on auction day and for the most money someone was willing to pay which will be more by the piece versus it as a huge lot where someone might only want a piece or two only. Downside is you will be giving the auction Co. about 30% but it tends to be worth it.

19. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  20. Squablow

Squablow

Here in rusty Wisconsin-land that pile would get listed for $3200 and then you'd sit on it for a couple months while guys asked "how much just for X and Y?" without bothering to read the ad that says all or nothing, and eventually you'd sell it for around $1500-$2K. Worth twice that sold separately but it's more work. Inclusion of/lack of a title sways that price a long way, especially here.

If it was next door to me for $1000 I'd buy it just to sell it off in pieces again with the plan to triple my money over the summertime.

ClarkH and VANDENPLAS like this.
  21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OUCH to the comment about the Ford ! LOLOLOL !

High test 63 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  22. Sprout

Sprout

Please delete, all sold

23. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

So, are you going to keep us all guessing or tell us what you got for it? Those that took the time to proffer an opinion deserve that I'd think.

chopped likes this.
  24. Sprout

Sprout

chopped likes this.
  25. pitman

pitman

And lets not forget Sir James Sibley!
    (Recognized by Queen "Victoria!")

26. 1500,or be willing to go to swap meets for years to come.