Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Aircraft paint remover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roger Peters, May 21, 2020.

1. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

2. Was in the store yesterday and after seeing this thread I thought I'd check the stripper...yep, ours still has the 'good' stuff in it.

3. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

.... And you bought three gallons, right? Nod your head "yea"

4. I did the same thing today, walked in the paint supply store and walked over to the shelf. All of the old formula is gone :( told the guy that owns the store about this thread and he told me that they pulled the old stuff after that guy killed himself. Funny thing is, every can in those stores say for "professional use only" right on them. Makes me wonder why he keeps selling me stuff o_O

guthriesmith likes this.
  5. Roger Peters

Roger Peters
    from Juniata NE

Send me 2 gallons please.

6. Roger Peters

Roger Peters
    from Juniata NE

Got this message from Benco sales: Hello roger unfortunately we do not sell any removers in 1 gal containers they just don’t hold up. The smallest we have is 5gal pails. If you are looking for a MCL product we are required to obtain your W9 # or FEIN. If your looking to place an order. Emailing [email protected] is best and will have access to pricing and info. Thank you.

7. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

The branded stuff from hardware outlets in the UK is useless now that the main active chemical has been removed for 'safety reasons'. Proper paint stripper is still available "for professional use only" from auto paint stores here too. Thankfully, no one asked me what my profession actually was when I bought 5 litres of it recently. So, even if you're a professional wrestler or a professional pianist, you should be good to go.

8. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Try to use it up before year goes by and shelf life on this stuff is pretty short and it will eat the can up

9. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I used to sell Capt. Lee's stripper at Carlisle and I made the mistake of leaving it out in the sun. It was unbelievable how big that can would swell up without bursting. Scared the crap out of me.