Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 5/22/20 >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, May 21, 2020.

1. So grateful to have Robber back with us, I nearly forgot we are celebrating the memory of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice so we knuckleheads could gather and celibate our love for trivial things. Thank you to our fallen veterans and all who died in service to our nation!,

@robber , wow, what a powerful post! Good to have you here brother!

A-Jeep_001a.jpg
    US_flag_50_states_w_cross_web.jpg

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One heck of a way to get a bigger trunk...beautifully done Custom and that Name...'Packard' one of the greats. At first I thought it was a Flower car but not...perhaps it started as a FlowerCar...did you get the Scoop on it 41?

3. robber

robber

Steve, me cobber! Steadfast! Heartfelt thanks for all that you do! Mercs are the bomb... :)

4. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Here's an idea I've been knocking around:
    X-64 200519.jpg
    It's a new design from scratch. The idea is for a design of car which is easy to build in small volumes, easy to modify in a great variety of ways, and endlessly configurable. I did not restrict myself to any historic technological paradigm, but I did not consider modern regulatory factors at all. So it is perhaps a bit of an "after the revolution" design. I call it the X64 because what I saw in my head was a Hot Wheels or Matchbox car scaled up 6400%.

I started with a Triumph Herald as a conceptual base, though this car is somewhat bigger: perhaps the same size as a BMW E30 but wider. I see this with a Herald-style backbone/perimeter frame, though with a DeDion axle instead of the ill-considered swing-axles, and non-structural, bolt-on bodywork. There should be room for any conventional American V8. The rear overhang is dictated by a full-size spare in a slide-out drawer integral with the rear bumper. The fuel tank would be under the rear seat, facilitated by the fixed final-drive unit. I incorporated a gratuitous 6" of extra tumblehome each side to accommodate practical lowering and a variety of wheel-tyre combinations. All the bodywork comprises simple curves and may be formed in steel or aluminium, except the GRP flip-front and roof dome. Even the bumpers are fabrications comprising flat planes only. The cowl is sunken to simplify alignment of the flip-front, as it only needs to align to the door skins.

I began with the blown 2-door sedan street machine, as the flame paint job was graphically ambitious. I'd like to do another drawing showing the trunk and spare-tyre drawer arrangement. My technique: low-detail SketchUp 3D model, export to jpeg, trace manually and add detail in AutoCAD (e.g. the wheels were constructed entirely in AutoCAD in 2D. The blower was traced manually in AutoCAD from a photo off the internet), print to pdf, render in Gimp.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a welcome back @robber...life is indeed precious. A wish for a continued full recovery...;)

6. robber

robber

Brother Mark! I am thankful, grateful and blessed to be here! It is GOOD to be here! Gallons of thanks for the welcome, mate! Thank you too, for your last post... "celebrating the memory"... freedom isn't free, and the price has to paid in full. Have a safe Memorial Day and weekend, as we remember and reflect ... :)

7. robber

robber

Hi Stogy! Thank you for the kind words and well wishes! Life is precious! It's hanging by a scarlet thread... :)

8. guy1unico

guy1unico

9. robber

robber

Here's an old "Olds Medley"... :)
    cp 768.JPG cp 761.JPG cp 771.JPG cp 765.JPG

10. That's the 1952 Macauley Packard Panther- great concept car!

[​IMG]

11. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I've been doing some striping during the layoff. I was out of practice. OK for garage art.

Attached Files:

12. rooman

rooman

Now there is an expression that I have not heard for a while (32 years in the US will do that to you). Glad to have you back mate!

Roo

13. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Hell yes it's okay. If I could do that I'd be striping everything in sight.

14. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Thanks I appreciate that. Sorta what happened, I got enthused and started striping whatever I could find. I also did a couple of hubcaps, a couple wall clocks, and a bowling pin.

15. Spoggie, I dig your designs but this one REALLY speaks to me! Very cool!

16. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great FAS, many thanks to all that contributed, and many thanks for the likes as well !
    To all of my fellow Veterans out there, thank you for your service to our country!
    Be well, do well, and stay well ! Wishing to all, a great Memorial Day weekend.
    Welcome back to Robber as well!
    DSC_2599 (2).JPG

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  17. robber

robber

Arvo Roo! I'm a bit bogan, I guess... :)
    Cheers mate!

Jigger, 50 customcoupe, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  18. robber

robber

56 Dodge Pickup! Thank you buddy! Good to be back!

19. Thanks everyone for all your post this week. It's also great to see you back Robber. Have a Fun ,and safe Memorial day weekend. 672.jpg We'll never forget those who gave their life, so we can be safe, and free. :)

20. robber

robber

Dennis! Thanks man, for the well wishes all around!

21. robber

robber

Hi Ron! Thank you for the warm welcome! Here's to the memories of those we hold dear to our hearts! We will never forget... :)

22. not my art work, I took this photo of the underside of a 47 Nash hood hot rod. IMG_6853.JPG

23. What a great FAS, and as an added bonus Robber is back! Thanks to all for sharing your talents and their results with us. And thank God my fellow Coloradan is back with us and healing up.

24. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

760089E1-71D2-46FF-B648-7D0906BC6221.jpeg 760089E1-71D2-46FF-B648-7D0906BC6221.jpeg One Shot on canvas, buddies Model A.

25. Thanks to all who shared. It makes us no talent types feel better. :)

26. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've worked in a lot of mediums...but never in metal. Your work is FANTASTIC ! Absolutely amazing !

We're pretty close to each other and I see you are a Chumung Valley guy. I know a ton of guys down that way (Ed D., Nate G., Louie L. Norm C., Combsy, Tom C., etc.) Just wonder if we have ever met?

Jack Murphy

27. Got sidetracked today with another project but since its still Friday I wanted to stop in and add something to the Memorial Day FAS-tivities. I'm also happy to see Robber back in the clubhouse. Hope ya'll have a good weekend, and for all here in the U.S. remember to say a prayer and give thanks to those who have sacrificed for our freedom.

Hot Rods and War Birds
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2020