Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need '33 Ford p/up lower door patch panels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, May 21, 2020.

1. My good friend is putting together a bitchin' '33 Ford p/up that belonged to his Uncle who passed away. It will be a tribute to his Uncle Steve, a great guy, who is sorely missed. My friend is in need of lower door patch panels but he wants to make sure they have the proper reveal at the bottom to match the reveal at the cab corners and cowl. We need some insight as to who might sell them. Any help is much appreciated. I don't have a picture right now to show the reveal, but I'll try to get one and post it. Thanks a bunch......Don.

2. I know Howels sheet metal has them. But I don't know how long it will take to get them

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Brookville Roadster - Page 101:
    B-836 32-34 Pickup Door Bottom Patch Panels $79.00 pr
    Brookville is pretty good, but I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the reveal

Dave Mc and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Thanks for the responses guys. Anyone out there have any first hand experience with the product of any particular vendor?.......Thanks

5. Since Brookville is making a replacement door now I would thing they would match better than most.
    We used howells on one of the 32's we built and had to do a ton of work to get it right. HRP

6. ............Thanks Danny, that's the kind of info I was hoping to get........Don.

7. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

These guys used to make excellent skins for the 32-34 pickup doors . still in business in South Carolina https://alphamachine.com/
    Alpha Sheet Metal

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. bantam

bantam

Agree with the comment on howell’s. Could have made my own in the time I spent getting theirs into shape.

9. Wow, not good vibes about Howell's. Thanks for the info guys, it is appreciated.......Don.

10. ROBRAM

ROBRAM

I'd go with anybody but Howell's after my experience.

11. Any other sources besides Brookville, Howell's and Alpha Sheet Metal? ...Thanks.

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

There's always Walden's Speed Shop for a really quality product.

13. Thanks, krylon32.

14. Any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks, Don.

15. uncle buck

uncle buck

Danny, I believe it is actually United Pacific that is making the doors not Brookville

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. I got mine from Macs.. good fitment #47-67433-1 The draw back have to buy them I pairs.
    Sux when you only need one side

17. .......Was that complete door skins or patch panels for lower door?

18. Just the lower patch

19. .......Sorry, I just checked and I see it is the patch panels. Thanks, .......Don.

20. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Call Brookville to confirm whether or not their lower patch panels are of their own making or if they source them from Howell's. That may move your decision to UPAC or Alpha full skins.

21. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  22. Thanks, Deuce Lover.

23. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Glad to help.Being as we are in Europe and the horror stories about Howel's we couldn't take a chance.The left section cowl side is so rusty so we got that from UP.