Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Automotive CARNAGE !...... What have YOU done ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jan 13, 2016.

1. fatkoop

fatkoop

I bought a '57 Caddy Coupe DeVille off a used car lot in 1968. White, red leather, power everything. Ran and drove perfect. Drove it around for about a week, then cut it completely apart and put all the drive train in my '29 A chopped top Tudor. My dad couldn't believe what a dumb ass I was. I loved that A.

2. In the mid -sixties, I cut up a good Model A coupe body to get some patch panels for my roadster. It was easier than grinding the paint off of old washing machine panels. Later on, i sacrificed several "55 Chevy 2-doors to the circle track gods.

3. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One day and me and the wife weren't getting along at all , As was the case most of the time . A neighbor had pain killers and I had a back injury and then started drinking blackberry brandy ...I wound up cutting up my 41 Desoto with dodge 3 window body grafted in...then with a torch , basically destroyed a custom chopped car I built...3window to boot ...fuck it ...better kill the car than killing her I figured.....she's still alive. ..the ex I mean , 1700 miles away....ha ha ha

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  4. Harms Way

Harms Way

So.... I was talking with My old pal that was my partner in crime cutting up rare muscle cars to build Hot Rods, And we were talking about the 40 Coupe that was the subject in the OP... We were laughing on what knuckleheads we were to cut up that "S-Code" Mustang. He said he thought he had a picture of us back then (early 70's).

So I get a scan of the picture, But looking closely. That didn't look like a Big Block Ford in it.... It looked like a BBC !....I call old Mark back. He laughs and said "We never used the 390 !",... A friend at his work had a fairly new 72 SS-454, 4-speed El-Camino that got totaled.... And we used the engine and trans out of it !.... Two rare cars sacrificed for this old coupe.

[​IMG]

The37Kid likes this.
  5. 1963 worked in a gas station. Someone gave me a '38 Ford P.U. Ugly sucker. Junked.
    Someone gave me a pristine '41 Ford coupe. No one wanted them in 1963. Literally ripped it apart with a tow chain, hauled the pieces to the dump
    1972 bought a pristine '55 Coupe Deville. Pulled engine to put in my F100. Body to scrap.
    Next, bought a very nice '58 Impala convert. Pulled the 348 for my '55, rest went to scrap.
    Guy gave me 2 '64 GTO's no running gear. Scrapped.
    Had a driving '65 Plymouth. Pulled the 383 and left it under a tree where it got full of water. Sold the body for $40.
    Lots more screw ups but it's too painful to relate. I'm an idiot.

6. At the start of my dirt racing passion, I cut up two Model A Coupes and a 32 three window, and three 32 frames for modified dirt trackers. Cut the bodies right down the middle and narrowed them, welded the trunks and doors shut. Cut the windows in the doors larger for easy entry and exit. Cut anything out that added weight. The frames were altered to handle Mopar torsion bars.
    Funny thing is, if I could turn the clock back today, I'd do it all over again. I had more fun in those old Coupes than any hotrod I ever had.

Last edited: May 19, 2020