Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel in Motion - now photo's from motoandy,catdad,& seadog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 15, 2020.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

2. catdad49

catdad49

Others.

Attached Files:

3. catdad49

catdad49

One says it all, a digger and some artsy ones. Great show, awesome turnout of cars and people, just like in Normal times. Hope you like them!

Attached Files:

4. Last edited: May 18, 2020
  5. Andy & Catdad49 thank you so much for taking the time to post the photos to this thread, I know everyone that didn't attend really enjoyed seeing a great show through your lens. HRP

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  6. Tom, thank you for adding that link, it seems that Chris has a good eye for what's cool, I really miss your take on the show because as good as Chris Jones is I'm sure you would have photographed a lot of cars you would have captured, non the less Mr. Jones is obviously a excellent photographer. HRP

7. Great photos of what looks like a fun event. Tom, thanks for the photo link.
    Spent the weekend in SC. Friday & Saturday in Union, Sunday in Darlington.

Never left my stay at home chair. Thanks guys!

Phil

8. catdad49

catdad49

Next year I Will have a camera! The phone picks are OK, but what a pain trying to take a lot of shots without killing the battery. I could have easily taken a few hundred and probably still missed a bunch. Glad to share especially this year, hope everyone is well, Carp.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  9. I always take my small digital camera to shows, my steam powered cell phone is so old it doesn't take pictures. :D HRP

10. catdad49

catdad49

What kind is it? Still have a flip phone?! I had a better phone this year, but I know that a camera will be so much easier!

11. It was made before flip phones, it's on it's last leg but what I like about it that it's thin and fit's in my watch pocket.

At one time it would take a photo but not anymore, that's a feature that ceases to work aong with the vibrate feature.:D HRP

12. catdad49

catdad49

Danny, what do you have for a camera?

loudbang and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. I use a inexpensive Kodak digital camera, it does a pretty good job and again,fit's in your pocket. HRP

loudbang, hotrodjack33 and catdad49 like this.
  15. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks, I had a similar one yrs. ago and loved it. I will check the Kodak's out. I have an original Brownie in the box (with one flash cube left), but I think that's a little too retro. Guess I'm a little spoiled.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  16. I have a small collection of vintage cameras but using a computer having the memory card makes it very easy to upload photo's. HRP

17. catdad49

catdad49

My camera was a present many, many yrs. ago, I just happened to keep it along with the original box. Yes, tech has definitely made picture/ picture sharing easier.

18. The only time this Falcon has all 4 wheels on the ground is when it's staging or in the pits. :D HRP

falcon.jpg

19. frank spittle

frank spittle

Were the Fuel Altereds there?

loudbang likes this.
  20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey guys...I'm with you...still using my old Motorola flip phone and an old Kodak EasyShare digital camera:eek:

It's funny, I was on the cutting edge of computer tech back in the (DOS) day...but the technology has long passed me by. I hung onto my Windows 95 until it's dying day and NOTHING supported it anymore:( I suppose the phone is next to go...:(

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. loudbang

loudbang

Anybody see this one run? How did it do? Interesting little car. :)

1.jpg

catdad49 likes this.
  22. catdad49

catdad49

Danny, they have "The Patriot" running Strong, should be a contender this year! Frank, Rat Poison was there, but had an incident in his race with the funny car. Driver was OK, but car had front end damage. There were several other altereds and about a half a dozen FEDs. They put on a Great show, always some action on the track!

loudbang and jim snow like this.
  23. [​IMG]

That is one of the small 5/8 scale legends fiberglass cars originally built for a inexpensive way to het into asphalt racing, most were powered bu a 140 HP Yamaha motor cycle engine.

I wasn't at the event so I don't have any idea of it's speed but I have seem them run a Charlotte and they are quick. HRP