Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hamb face lift...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydusty, May 16, 2020.

1. Did the hamb get a "makeover"? The font looks different... or is it just my 'puter...

2. Country Joe

Country Joe

Looks the same to me.

3. Sometimes the font looks different.
    Haven’t figured it out either

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Looks the same today as it did yesterday to me. HRP

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have encountered the same thing when I first open it up on my phone. Then I rub my eyes and it goes back to the same old same old.

lothiandon1940, raven and scotty t like this.
  6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it's the Ka Rona

7. BC0BE849-1893-4360-A6E6-6CD64541EEEE.png 78D17407-11E4-47C2-A3DD-8383AA56FC3B.png
    Did it look like this.
    Screenshot it one of the times it looked different

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. squirrel

squirrel

he has the right idea...when it acts up, take a screen shot. If it's a windows PC, press the "Print Screen" button and then paste the image into your favorite image program, such as Paint, which comes on Windows computers. Then up load it here, so we can be amazed at what you found.

because this thread is useless without pictures

9. Sorry, but you lost me with that "screen shot" stuff... I can't even "cut and paste".
    Anyway, no big deal, just looked a little different to me...
    Most likely a "Senior Moment"!

Texas Webb likes this.
  10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still want to know where the "back to top" little red triangle at the bottom of each thread page went. I haven't seen it in weeks:(

11. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

^^^Look at the bottom right hand corner

hotrodjack33 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    All great advice on the print screen button. I have noticed on several laptops, that is the way to easily copy what is on the screen. It is a good way to copy something you cannot remember, or type at the moment or a photograph for later use. Here is a copy of a HAMB post from 2019:
    upload_2020-5-17_4-49-11.png
    fonts look the same as today.

But, the newer laptops or different models have their own way to print anything on the screen. My current laptop has the FN key and Home for the print screen usage. There are new identification tabs on the key that used to say print screen. My home computer keyboard still has what Squirrel said about a separate key within the top row of the keyboard that actually says, PRT SCN
    upload_2020-5-17_4-55-47.png
    Most generic keyboards have Prt SC separate or on top of a top row key. But, in one of our earliest IBM/Lenovo laptops, there was a whopper placement.
    upload_2020-5-17_4-55-18.png

Don't feel bad about knowing where that PRT SC button is, each computer has a different location and how to actually take a screen shot. If I gave my wife my current laptop and told her to print a screenshot, she would laugh at me and take a screen shot on her own keyboard from her desktop computer.

Here is the topper of all! On her HP 14" Chromebook people would get stumped. There is no Prt Sc button like we all are accustomed to seeing on a keyboard.
    upload_2020-5-17_5-6-59.png

Jnaki
    So, don't be left out, the Prt Sc button is a valuable tool for what you see on a computer screen and want to save it for later use.

GOOGLE SEARCH: "print screen on _________ laptop or ______ home computer keyboard."

13. Thanks guys. Never knew that the "print screen" button even existed. Learn something from you folks all of the time........Don.

14. Thanks for all the great tips! If I ever get a computer with a keyboard, I will be all set. All I have is a tablet...

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We're all getting facelifts???

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

Texas Webb and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now if someone would please start another thread.
    I really need an ass lift.

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Everybody have a great Sunday!

18. ...............Just a little too much information!...TMI.:D;)

19. squirrel

squirrel

maybe that's why I use a really old keyboard on my computer...it has the right keys on it, still. Although I don't use the Sys Req and Break functions very often these days!

prt scrn.jpg

20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It USED to be at the bottom right corner for me...it's been missing for a few weeks now:(
    Nope, I had no idea that it existed either.

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL...
    I should have been clearer.
    I meant I need an energy boost.
    Not reconstructive surgery.

22. I have a "Print Screen" button on my keyboard.
    It doesn't do anything. Might as well be a bump on a pickle.
    When I search online for How To Print Screen With Windows 10, I get confusing steps, most of which don't match what the example pictures from the How-To steps say I will see, so none of it works ever, anyway.
    If I want to "capture" an image, I have to use a flat rock and a hammer and chisel, or maybe my camera if it has a fresh flint. :cool:

jnaki likes this.
  23. squirrel

squirrel

To use "print screen", you press the key...this puts the screen image on the "clipboard". You can't see anything happen. But when you open an image program, such as Microsoft Paint, then "paste" the clipboard into the blank image, you will now have an image of the screen, which you can save, upload, and share with all of us.

This might be too much for you to deal with, if you don't like/understand/get along with computers.

hotrodharry2 and jnaki like this.
  24. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

There are a lot of asses on here that need lifting

Rickybop likes this.
  25. gene-koning

gene-koning

I don't open the HAMB to the front page, I open it up on the Hokey Ass Message Board, and it always has different topics listed.....Gene