Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Joe's American Graffiti Coupe with a Man A Fre (Milner Coupe Clone)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nicholas Coe, Feb 22, 2020.

1. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

GO DAN GO!

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  2. More exciting progress today. Modified carbs installed and linkage tuned. Sounds really good and runs really smooth so far. Test drive soon! IMG_20200515_163514.jpeg IMG_20200515_164330.jpeg IMG_20200515_163540.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Here's a quick video of the startup. Sorry about the music. It's my first video upload.

4. Another garage video. Again, sorry for the music.
    We're getting there!

5. TCTND

TCTND

Glad it's running well, but...... (there's always a but), those plastic fuel lines freak me out. Many years ago the shop I worked at in New York lost a very expensive Porsche 4-cam powered V dub when a small carb fire melted the plastic line and the electric fuel pump proceeded to empty the tank into the fire. Burned down the shop and everything in it too.

6. I've had more than one person concerned about those lines. Believe it or not, I've actually shortened them. A set of good black lines may indeed be in my future. Thanks for your input.

Desoto291Hemi, loudbang and nunattax like this.
  7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sounds damn good for a "wrong" tune. ;)

Gasser 57, loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  8. Sounds very nice! And I love your choice of music. Nothing wrong with Jake and Elwood!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  9. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

This is like running 3 deuces with the end carbs blocked off or 4 bbls with the secondaries unhooked ,its almost like a carb hidden in an empty blower case ........sad !

10. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

its sad allright , I see a man doing his best to get a cool looking set up working well and I hear a begrudger knocking his efforts. .keep going nick . you are nearly there chris

11. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

He was given a lot of "great" first hand knowledge in these 18 pages but I can see both sides. If it were me I would keep plugging away, learning & getting some "seat" time than next winter shut down and get it running the way it was intended to run. JMO of course!

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  12. I can see both sides here. I respect everyone who has commented. This is the first time I have driven the car. Please forgive my inability to do a proper burnout. Other than a better driver, what improvements should be made?

Dan says it's almost tolerable now. Steers like a Mac truck with a hair trigger clutch.

13. goldmountain

goldmountain

Just my opinion but as far as improvements, get a stock height grille and rad, and paint the frame yellow.

dan griffin and Nicholas Coe like this.
  14. Would look much better with a full height grill and AC/Delco generator. Movie correct is an evil mistress.

nunattax, loudbang and Gasser 57 like this.
  15. goldmountain

goldmountain

Just think of it as what John Milner would do later. After all, we know these cars are never finished. Scan-200516-0001.jpg

16. Never even close to finished!

loudbang likes this.
  17. dan griffin

dan griffin

I have only been involved with the car for about two weeks and yes their Pages of advice on how fix the problem using the right parts. Unfortunately I have to play with the cards we were delit. The carbs that came with the car were referenced as 500 CFM which they might be on a 2 barrel 455Pontiac. What I need advice on is how do I make two 1 1/4
    venturis setting 3 inchs. away from a 1,94 intake valve on 327 with to much cam drivable below 4,ooo rpm. As wrong as it is it idles good and runs like raped ape. Advice on using the parts on hand is welcome. Dan

18. loudbang

loudbang

yes.gif

chargin03 and Nicholas Coe like this.
  19. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Some will accept done& working, some want done right and working as intended , pretty simple ...

ottoman and Nicholas Coe like this.
  20. Considering that I haven't driven the car since I bought it last September this was a good step. Hopefully, we can also complete it as intended too.

Thanks for following along. There's always more work to be done.

21. Hey Loudbang ,

That is a cool video of you there,,,it’s funny how people never look like how you would imagine them to look ! Yes !
    Long hair and a party animal guy,,,I would have never guessed it .

Lol,,,just kidding !

Tommy

22. loudbang

loudbang

serious.jpg

23. BAC651F0-E6B3-4F27-8699-AF9487DB235A.jpeg This is what I imagined his pic (Loudbang ),,would look like,,,,LoL .

Tommy

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  24. loudbang

loudbang

Pretty close except the glasses I only wear Randolph Pilots sunglasses.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  25. loudbang

loudbang

you guys are getting closer LOL

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  26. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

you are gone quiet nic im taking it as a good sign ,hope you are putting the miles up on it ,isn't that what its all about. chris

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  27. Thanks for thinking of me. I've just been busy with work. I'll be off tomorrow for more fun changes.
    We disassembled the carburators and linkage today. Dan wanted to check everything out.

More updates tomorrow!

nunattax and loudbang like this.
  28. This morning while waiting on a few intake and carb parts we decided to strengthen the alternator mount. It was literally swinging in the wind. We also worked on custom fitting the frame attachment feet to the cowl. Fun stuff! My very first time using a grinder. Now for satin black paint and install tomorrow! IMG_20200520_093638.jpeg IMG_20200520_095735.jpeg IMG_20200520_093952.jpeg IMG_20200520_093720.jpeg IMG_20200520_093500.jpeg IMG_20200520_093439.jpeg

Blues4U and loudbang like this.
  29. More cosmetic additions. Useless holes that mimic the original car. Getting closer! IMG_20200520_194410.jpeg IMG_20200520_194400.jpeg

rbrewer, Driver50x and loudbang like this.