Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///////Friday Art Show 05-15-2020\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, May 14, 2020.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

I also think it's confusing, but there's no way of knowing if someone is starting a new thread at the same time as you. I'm happy to continue it as long as that's what members want. I'm also happy to let someone else do it ..just need guidance.

Lil32, pwschuh, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  2. I like it being random, not a big deal to me, especially when I have to skip the FAS on occasion these days.

Stogy and Animal like this.
  3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Random is fine, but confusing when two or more threads start at the same time ...........

Lil32, Stogy, Animal and 1 other person like this.
  4. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Lets simplify it. Bob you're it!!

Shutter Speed, 41 GMC K-18 and Lil32 like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whomever starts the Show it is appreciated as I like to be a participant (and not a starter) so in future in it being random as I believe it has always been I will search out if there have been others started. I guess with random being the key here, I will decide by who posted first but in a draw as this weeks was in fact perhaps we reflect and reason...

I guess a PM from one to another in a draw in timing would be warranted or perhaps simply a post within the Thread to indicate to the other Starting Poster and Others participating whomever respectably decides to let the Show run with...

In lieu of No Time Draw the earlier Poster should Run often referred to as first come first served...Just know that I believe and appreciate the intentions are never Ill Willed but a matter of Coincidence and Timing...

@Jigger and @57 Corvette ~ Bob or any others Hosting the Art Show Thread Thank You always for taking the initiative and I Thank You for your part every Art Show...Even in the Simplest of things there are issues that may arise due to the chance of timing...

I have on occasion notified via pm or otherwise when there has been Multiple Shows started. This time I was confused due to the timing...I just went with Jiggers and actually didn't see the other as it was back a page already...I then later saw the other Thread and post time was 11pm for both...I can't remember if that ever happened when there were other Dual Postings of this weekly Artfest...hence this discussion...

As Posters we might even do a pre-search to determine if an Art Show for the current week has already been initiated before starting a Thread to reduce the incidence of this anomally...

Thanks always my Artist Friends...Stogy

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Clark_ArtsyAnglebxw5.jpg

Clark_side1Artsyfront4.jpg

:rolleyes:...Just another couple of inspirations shared with @ClarkH to help envision the addition of Fenders and Top and and...:D...man there are always decisions aren't there...

As an Artist of sorts following builds here and with Modern tools it can be an adventure in curiosity and triumph many times, which may influence the final outcome.

Following builds and getting wrapped into the Vintage Twine of The Hamb can help in getting damn close to a plausible Bullseye...that is a part of the joy of what Art can be...

Credit to All that Inspired This

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  7. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Just thinking out loud --

Is it possible that a moderator could open this thread every Thursday at say 12:00 pm EST? Or can it be programmed to happen automatically? Or could an art non-contributor do this as a "designated driver"? (If "asleep at the switch", anyone could start it at 1:00 pm.)

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  8. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have only been on the HAMB for a year, and in that year, it always seemed so easy for Bob to start it as it was at the same time each week. As stated, consistency on a weekly basis, is something that you can count on. That being said, no doubt it makes no difference who starts the FAS. The main reason I opt for Bob starting it is because of his unique choices each week, that sets the tone of what ever the mood is whether its seasonal or what ever. The FAS is a great tradition in my opinion. Go for it Bob.

9. ...this thread needs more artwork...
    woodart 2020 137.jpg woodart 2020 036.jpg woodart 2020 034.jpg