Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Midwest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering - 9-26-2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, May 16, 2020.

1. 40_IS_80_WERX.png MIDWEST_FORTY_FORD_BDAY_Front_Side.png
    Since the '40 Ford turned 80 this year, I decided that it would be a cool thing to throw a Birthday Bash.

The event is going to be a somewhat informal gathering that is currently scheduled for a Saturday only thing, but could easily involve a Friday reliability run, since I dig driving hot rods.

The actual event location will be at the Crane, MO City Park, former hometown of the world renowned @BenD.

Since there are no hotels in Crane, if you plan to come from out of town, I would suggest one of the hotels on the southern end of Springfield, MO.

B-Scott killed it with the T-shirt art.

The event registration is $25 and will include a t-shirt for all those pre-registered. For those who can't attend but would like a T-shirt, you can order your t-shirt through the registration form. I'm not fancy, so you have to either mail me a check or go through a manual process of sending me money via PayPal for the registration amounts.

I'm only shipping t-shirts in the domestic US. If you live outside of the US and would like a T-shirt, and are happy to pay the extra postage, I will be happy to mail those too.

The T-shirts will not be ordered until right after Labor Day, and I won't get them until about a day before the event, so any ordered T-shirts will get mailed the first week of October.

If this sounds like something ya wanna participate in, here's the Google Forms link to get yourself registered: https://forms.gle/mtn7sUW9RFtrf8d99

The focus of the event is '40 Fords, but other pre-48 stuff is welcome to come hang out, too.

2. Wow, you are right about B-Scott and his graphics. Outstanding! Good luck with the event, wish I was closer.........Don.:)

hotrodharry2, bchrismer and 40FORDPU like this.
  3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I’ve know B. Scott for years. His graphics are the best that I’ve ever seen. And you couldn’t ask for a nicer person

4. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Great idea, I wonder if we'll be.....
    A: allowed to fly by then
    B: allowed into the US..

I'd love to come, lets see what the world does by then..

5. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want one t-shirt in L and one in XL, please. I filled out the form but somewhere lost continuity. I am trying to send $55 to you for registration and 2 shirts, but can't get to the PayPal part. My cell is 210-414-4831. Can you call me at your leisure. I'm retired so anytime is fine to call. Thank you.

bchrismer likes this.
  6. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hear you loud and clear. I also thought I would stay 5' 5" !

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

20200430_144245.jpg Registered. Looking forward to it!

joep4567, 4tford, Hnstray and 13 others like this.
  8. Had a great time visiting with you on the phone. Hope you can make it up here, even if it is in the roadster with air conditioning. LOL

Kan Kustom and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Duncan, it's hard to believe that is the same coupe that you bought. The ride height, wheel change, and polished stainless really changed the looks tremendously.

10. Don, I'm twisting Andy Volpini's arm to come play cars with us.

11. .....Andy is a long distance runner for sure. It would just be like a comfortable cruise for him.:).

Kan Kustom and bchrismer like this.
  12. Back up for all lovers of '40 Fords.:)

13. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Just sent in my money. Too far for me to go, and my doc says with my old lungs filled with asbestos I had not better venture outside my yard, but I sure want one of those tee shirts to wear with pride. '40s Forever as Dave Bell used to say. A bump for Bret.

14. Thanks, John! Greatly appreciated.

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

x2 - have fun, and post pics from event

Kan Kustom and bchrismer like this.
  16. I'm sure that @gbrown will have his camera with him and he ALWAYS takes cool photos.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  17. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

This is awesome.

18. Time to
    Time to get cracking on that panel truck! ;-)

Kan Kustom likes this.
  19. We hit the 40 mark on the spreadsheet. Twenty of those are attending and 19 are ordering the t-shirts due to the distance. I know several other '40 Fords that are within a 200 mile radius that haven't hit the spreadsheet yet.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out on the registrations.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  20. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Man, you dropped a truck on my shoulders. When I first read about this gathering, all I could think about was I have got to get to this thing. I have so much going on this summer that just getting there could be a quest that I have to make happen. Now I am thinking is there a miracle available that I might thrash the panel in time ? Thanks for dumping the peer pressure on me ! :eek::) Honestly I appreciate the early kick in the butt no matter which way it goes. I needed a hopefully wake up call and thanks for putting this thing together.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  21. LOL

Whether it's together or not, come on over and hang out with us. We've got some pretty cool '40s registered.

Kan Kustom and arkiehotrods like this.
  22. Hey John,

Your check has arrived and you are marked as paid. ;-)

23. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

BTT for Bret on this holiday weekend

lothiandon1940 and Kan Kustom like this.
  24. patterg2003

patterg2003

It would be ideal to be able to purchase a large print or poster of the 40 coupe is 80 image. It is an iconic piece of work that would do any garage or man cave proud.

lothiandon1940 and Kan Kustom like this.
  25. 40Vert

40Vert

I’m with you. Really nice art.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26. Yeah, I don't know what kind of costs I would have to pay out to have those printed.

27. The spreadsheet seems to grow daily with both, vehicle registrations and t-shirt orders (roughly a 50/50 split, which is fine and dandy with me)

Since I have been trying to mail out the Hot Rod Hundred t-shirts that we did a limited run on, due to having to cancel the Spring HRH events, I have found that can be overwhelming trying to get them all out in a timely manner.

Therefore, IF we get to 100 T-shirts before July 1(or sooner), I will go ahead and place the initial T-shirt order for the ones on the spreadsheet and start mailing those out sooner, rather than later, so I don't have the hectic weight of urgency on my shoulders after the event. LOL

28. If you order a t-shirt to ship, and later on decide you can make the meet, are you registered?
    Bill

bchrismer likes this.
  29. Heck yeah, Bill! I like the way you are thinking. Your name is already on the spreadsheet, so just let me know if you change your mind. If I mail your shirt to ya, though, don't be asking for a $5 rebate. LOL