Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects And So It Begins

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Piewagn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Swade! Yep, had the pregabalin.....I have a nasty reaction to it, it makes my skin feel like it's crawling and even clothes touching my skin grates on me. If I twist the right way, I can get my back to pop and the burn and the numbness in my leg will abate. I just plow though it!

brEad and loudbang like this.
  2. Piewagn

Piewagn

Well...alot of things came into view today. I got the front axle assembly under the frame and the rest of the steering came into focus. I will be splitting the wishbone and mounting them off the trans mounts on either side. I’ll make brackets to drop down and secure them there. Got most of the steering arm done....still needs to be tidied up. I’m VERY close to blowing this thing apart and prepping the frame for paint and reassembly! All the hard stuff is done....after the frame....it’s on to the body!! Hope all is well with everyone, thanks for stopping by fellas!! IMG_2030.JPG IMG_2042.JPG IMG_2031.JPG IMG_2033.JPG IMG_2034.JPG IMG_2035.JPG IMG_2039.JPG IMG_2022.JPG IMG_2023.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Piewagn

Piewagn

Well....pretty much have the steering wrapped up. I’ll finish up the rest of the welding after I blow it apart. The only thing left is the wishbones....I have several sets of rear trailing arms, I’m going to extend the wishbones after splitting them and make mounts back at the trans mounts. I’ll document the process. Chuggin’ along..... Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG

4. Mart

Mart

Looking good.

A question: Can you take the oil filler cap off?

Mart.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Piewagn

Piewagn

Yes Mart.....the cowl is just sitting directly on the frame and is actually forward of it's "home" location. Once I have the body mounts in place, there's plenty of clearance to remove the cap. I had one inch spacers, which is the thickness of the mounts, between the frame and cowl when I set the pedals up. Thanks for the input!

loudbang likes this.
  6. Piewagn

Piewagn

Making bungs for my wishbones.....I’ll be using the stock A tie rod ends....did a little more on my YOM plate....we took a couple machines out of mothballs at work and are bringing production back home, some we’ve been extremely busy at work with overtime and it’s eaten into my coupe time.....but that’s a good thing! IMG_2074.JPG Adjustments.JPG

7. loudbang

loudbang

Plate looks like it was freshly issued. :)

rusty valley and greaser like this.
  8. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks LB! I still have to do the outline....that's gonna be a little more challenging. I may have to break out the fine line tape for that!

loudbang likes this.
  9. Piewagn

Piewagn

Chasing threads for my wishbone extensions....sill waiting on my tie rod ends.....I’ll be fabricating a mount for them at the trans mount. Hope everyone is doing well! IMG_2100.JPG IMG_2101.JPG IMG_2094.JPG

simplestone and loudbang like this.
  10. Piewagn

Piewagn

Still waiting on my tie rod ends because Fedex is goofy! You’d think after 3 time getting to my work after 6:00pm they’d figure it out and get there sooner.....
    Meanwhile, I finished up my extensions and the wishbones are ready.....heated and pressed in, circumference welded and plug welded.....now I need to fabricate the mount back at the crossmember/trans mount. I’ll be gusseting the crossmember and mount assembly. Hope all is well you guys, thanks for poppin’ in! IMG_2094.JPG IMG_2108.JPG IMG_2109.JPG IMG_2110.JPG

11. koolbeans

koolbeans

Piwagn.....you do really great work....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Big mike 1968, loudbang and Piewagn like this.
  12. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks KB! Coming from you that means alot!!

loudbang likes this.
  13. Very very nice workmanship...as usual.....

loudbang likes this.
  14. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thank you Carl! Coming from you guys absolutely means alot to me...I really appreciate it!
    Meanwhile.....FedEx is still goofy! Trying to resolve an issue with someone you can barely understand is ALWAYS a challenge! Needless to say, still no parts! I was, however, guaranteed them this Monday. In the meantime, I finished up my YOM plate! Thanks fellas!! Adjustments.JPG

15. koolbeans

koolbeans

Plate looks great. Down yonder here we "supposedly" not allowed to doctor them up. Huh....I'll bet ya... IMG_20200411_110056744.jpeg

16. Piewagn

Piewagn

Damn those lamps are awesome!!

loudbang likes this.
  17. koolbeans

koolbeans

Thanks loudbang. 1929 Packard. I've put them on, taken them off many times. I go hot and cold.

loudbang likes this.
  18. Piewagn

Piewagn

19. Piewagn

Piewagn

Well....the the Fedex thing turned into a gigantic gross incompetent debacle ending with the driver leaving my package on the sidewalk in front of my work’s door....I can guarantee that thing lasted all of about 5 minutes on the street in North Philly......claim in the works....meanwhile, I started on the rear mounts for my wishbones....I’ll document it as it progresses....thanks for stopping by fellas! Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG

oliver westlund, brEad and loudbang like this.
  20. Piewagn

Piewagn

Just need my tie rod ends now....Fedex’s incompetence has set me back a week and a half! I should have this thing blown apart and the frame painted by now!! IMG_2136.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG

brEad, So Cal Brian B and loudbang like this.
  21. Piewagn

Piewagn

This will be the location of my wishbone mounts......if my parts ever come! News is the order has been duplicated and shipped.....hopefully tomorrow! Adjustments.JPG

oliver westlund and loudbang like this.
  22. Piewagn

Piewagn

23. Piewagn

Piewagn

Finished filling all the holes in my firewall.....I’m picturing Fedex driving around with my package in a little clown car giving the raspberry in my direction and driving off with it again! It’s been a MONTH I’ve been waiting for my tie rods ends due to their UTTER INCOMPETENCE! Tracking says tonight....I’ll believe it when I see it! Fedex blows.....geezus! IMG_2166.JPG

oliver westlund, brEad and loudbang like this.
  24. koolbeans

koolbeans

Piewagn and loudbang like this.
  25. its amazing just how many holes get put into old firewalls had over 50 in the truck......what a big PIA
    filledfirewall.jpg

Piewagn and loudbang like this.
  26. Piewagn

Piewagn

Crazy huh.....on a budget though, so I'm usin' the old one! :eek::D

loudbang likes this.
  27. Piewagn

Piewagn

Makes you wonder just exactly which "accessories" were added over the years....:D:D

loudbang likes this.
  28. Piewagn

Piewagn

FINALLY!!! I will NEVER voluntarily use Fedex to ship ANYTHING ever!! Now I can set my front axle assembly in, make my measurements and secure my mounts!! Then it’s time to blow things apart to finish welding and paint the frame!! IMG_2173.JPG

29. koolbeans

koolbeans

Geeeeze....we needs a "go fund me" pot....no? That's gotta be a record.

loudbang and Piewagn like this.
  30. Piewagn

Piewagn

A record of mended missing material? I may have to agree with you on that one.....:D:D:D

loudbang likes this.