Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. primed34

primed34

I've never seen any like that, but I think they will work. If you want to run ram horns go with the 2 1/2 inch ones. Hey man I feel the need to spend your money.:D

2. Well, the manifolds are on the car already, i got the speedway dual exhaust kit with the mufflers for $215, just need a way to hook it all to the manifolds! Lol...

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

You didn't ask me but try rock auto also. I've got headers on everything i got except 1. I am going back to the ram horn manifolds. tired of header leaks.
    And yea the corvette manifolds are better, but how much racing you going to be doing.

4. I'm not sure what these manifolds are off of, they were on the motor. I'm just tired of dealing with collector gaskets, tightening header flanges, e.t.c... this ain't no drag car for sure. Just gotta haul my big hairy ass and a cooler around ;)

5. Got these in the mail today, hopefully get on putting the exhaust on the wagon this week. Busy times around here right now ;) 20200420_183808.jpg

6. HELP WANTED.... FABRICATION, BODYWORK, NOT AFRAID OF GETTING DIRTY OR THE OCCASIONAL FLESH WOUND. :D:D:D maybe soon I'll get back to work on my car!! Got tons of parts just laying in the corner, calling my name! Finishing the plumbing on the 39 Chevy brakes, 2 late model of topic jobs, took in a full floorpan job on a 56 Belair, running my ass off slinging glass, cutting filler on the 56 wagon, and holding up my end of the deal with a fire department :rolleyes:, it's good being busy, but damn I'd like to build my exhaust!!!

7. Be glad you're busy, LLoyd. Sitting around sucks the ambition right out of a guy.

8. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

If you're that busy, you could always take it to an exhaust shop to get it done! :D You must be rolling in the dough now that you are so busy!

chryslerfan55, scotty t and loudbang like this.
  9. Rolling in dough? Nah, but i have all i need :D i work my guts out for every dime. And i wouldn't have a problem with taking it to an exhaust shop if there was such a thing. But I'll do it myself.

10. Sometimes I'd like to sit down :D Just not able to at the moment lol... fun fun fun i say:rolleyes:

11. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Do you have a heat riser valve on the passenger side exhaust manifold? If not, you'll either need to get one, so it will accept the "donut" and seal accordingly, or possibly countersink/bevel that side so it matches the drivers side. I used some small header reducers on my rams horns, welded to a 3 hole ring, and using a flat exhaust gasket; this is on my spare 327 for the Delivery. You could also use a worn out heat riser, valve remo0ved, and the pivot holes welded/brazed up. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  12. Yeah it's got the heat risers on both manifolds. The right side actually has a down pipe already on it. Studs look newer, i guess somebody helped me in that area :D

chryslerfan55, loudbang and scotty t like this.
  13. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

So you apparently have 2 passenger side manifolds, the driver's side didn't have a heat riser!

14. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

There is a late model donut gasket that is flat on one side and the normal tapered on the other. My off topic 88 F Bird with a 350 uses it. Mine was leaking, took it apart, couldn’t see how a normal donut could seal up. Found a Walker exhaust diagram somewhere that showed it, ordered one from Rock Auto, got it and it fit perfect. What is really strange though, the other side doesn’t take a donut gasket, the taper is made on the manifold. Came that way factory.

15. Wasn't the left side an angled outlet? Because both of mine dump straight down. Either way I'm running them lol. They suit me just fine :D

16. primed34

primed34

Some left sides where straight some angled. I know the early 70's truck angled back.

loudbang likes this.
  17. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

Hey Lloyd, haven’t seen any updates on the build for a while. Are you busy with work or just giving us the big freeze?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

scotty t, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. I think he got pissed at something and bailed...

loudbang likes this.
  19. Hey man, no i haven't touched my car, been busy as a one armed paper hanger! Know what i mean? Like a cat trying to cover up shit on a hot tin roof with pea gravel. I've pushed 4 cars through the shop in the past 3 weeks, painted the 65 Tuesday and been putting it back together all day. All at the same time I'm gutting my house to repair a main beam that has rotted. Fun times. And why the fuck would i be pissed?? Thanks for checking in brother :D

20. Too old and tired to be pissed ;)

21. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

No worries matey. I just really appreciate your work and I’m keen to see the car out and driving, I bet you are too. I’m thinking about replacing the belt strips and bailey channels on my 61 Belair ( should have been done when I painted it but I screwed up) and was waiting to see how an expert does it. Take care and be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. Awwww thanks man ;) I can't even get the out of state inspection done on the car, and there's nothing car related going on around here, so I've just been banking some money. I've got boxes of parts stacked up for whenever i get a day to get back on it lol. Not a 57 wagon, but.... 20200514_115033.jpg

23. Yes, that's single stage :D
    20200512_192900.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  24. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lloyd, you've gotta be one of the most motivated S.O.B's that I know! 4 car's in 3 week's, a remodel, and a fireman... When the fuck do you sleep? ;)

25. Insurance jobs my brother ;) gotta love em! I've got the brake system done on the 39, other than hanging the pedal. Oh and sleep? What is that? :p

26. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Oh and sleep? What is that?"

Isn't that what the firehouse is for??? ;):p:rolleyes:

27. Not lately! Been crazy the last couple of shifts :rolleyes:

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn! You just can't catch a break, can 'ya? :eek:

loudbang likes this.